3 big whooping sticks (scratch-built M-12s)

• It was time to make a few really nice mods for my own army, and not so many of the quicker ones. Not very fair with brumbars and sSturmtigers, and sigs harassing my Americans that all they should have to retalliate with is a few wimpy sherman 105s, halftracks with 105s, and a priest with yet another wimpy 105.
      These WERE series 1 AA&M shermans, chopped all off except the treads, and front glassis. 37 pieces in each one.
    They are in travelling position, but without gun lock on, for assembly and painting purpouses.
      Main body is 4 pieces of balsa, paper-lined on the inside of the fighting compartment. Thinner wood was used to build up driver compartment. They have photo-etched engine vent covers. Cables are quitar string (painted with grey, silver, orane-brown paint, and brown ink).
      Barrells are 1 piece of aluminum tubing, with 3 layers of paper wrap, and a piece of wood underneath. Breach is plastic, with paper latch. Paper is used to make the top of superstructure as well as 3 hatches on each one. Spade is hollow plastic round, cut and sanded, with zinc support and steel pins for braces. Lil plastic doo-dads from my do-dads box add some details to the rear braces and such.
      Gun lock is brass wire bent in a long c-shape with brass rings added onto them.
      I have “US Slogans” decals coming in, and these have not been added yet, and also not added (yet) are any crew supplies - I can do those anytime, and wanted to post these NOW.
      You may notice that I went ahead and painted a name on 1 of them, as this name was not part of the decal assortment I had coming in.

• Very Nice!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m