Do Jews Have a Right to Representation? Some Think Not.

• @cystic:

good question - not to sideline the thread - but this is similar to the “native question” in Canada

It was aimed at that and the “compensate blacks for former slavery…”-thread :)

• again, to clarify
    @Yanny:

@EmuGod:

@F_alk:

@Xi:

Israel doesn’t call it a Holocaust.

I did not post that. It looks to me,
    on quick review, as if E_G_ posted it. - Xi

Please cease and desist referring to it as my quote,
    thank you. - Xi

• Sorry Xi, probably was trying to multi task too many tasks and typed in the wrong name.

Under the logic that Germans should have to pay for the Halocaust, Americans should be paying for Slavery.

• and Logicly there both Stupid Policies

• Damn you, D_E_S! :lol: -Xi

• Yeah, one reason I haven’t made up my mind on the reparation question is because of the fact that it might kill more ill-will and resentment among the masses that will have to pay the tax. Of course nothing hits home harder on those two appalling events (slavery and the Holocaust) and forces you to remember the harsh injustices that were done if it comes from your pocketbook.

• always a pleasure to be damned by XI :)

• Seems to me, the statement:

“Do <blank>Have a Right to Representation? Some Think Not.”

It has always been true, and always will be true. Put anything you like in place of <blank>. The key here being the word “Some”. No matter who you are someone, somewhere, hates you and wishes you ill. I’m sure someone even hated Mother Theresa. :cry:</blank></blank>

• @Yanny:

Sorry Xi, probably was trying to multi task too many tasks and typed in the wrong name.

Under the logic that Germans should have to pay for the Halocaust, Americans should be paying for Slavery.

The Germans only pay the survivors themselves not their families. They also give them special priveleges such as dual citizenship as part of the reparations.

• @EmuGod:

They also give them special priveleges such as dual citizenship as part of the reparations.

Do we?
    Well, that doesn’t sound at all like german policy. I only know of the dual citizenship for ppl younger than mpfteen years, to let them decide which one they want to take later.
    That’s a legal privilege that sounds “too much” to my german bureaucratic ears.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m