• '19 Moderator

lol, my wife would have ripped them two new asses…

• You did very well. +1 karma to you

• But which picture?  The media van being towed?  Or Jen with an adult beverage and a night shirt leaning out the window and letting them have it?
    :evil:

• Would have been a better story if it had actually happened to you :

"“Let me be clear.” I said, in my best cranky local drunk voice, “I will have you towed. You cannot block my garage. I need to be able to pull my car out of my driveway. There’s a chance…” and here I dropped my voice just a bit, and held my drink aloft, “…there’s a chance I may need to step out for some ice.”

• This is Rob Long with Martini Shot on KCRW.

http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/ma/ma080730paparazzi

What, did you think no one would google this? It took me about five seconds to find: media, van, driveway, towed, drink.

Gotcha! :evil:

• '19 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

But which picture?  The media van being towed?  Or Jen with an adult beverage and a night shirt leaning out the window and letting them have it?
    :evil:

You know mw to well my friend…

Jen: shame on you for giving me mental images of something that didn’t happen :-P

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, Smacktard, because nothing ever could happen twice?

Sigh…next thing that’ll happen is I’ll say I spun out on the snow and Smacktard’s going to say it didn’t happen to me and come up with some paparazzi story of someone famous spinning out in the snow.

When you’re blinded with hate…I feel sorry for you Smacktard.  Luckily, most people on the site are adults.

It did happen, it was NBC Channel 5 News in Chicago, they were almost towed by H&H Towing, though they did have a representative there to finally move their van once the tow truck showed up.

I don’t know if it was reported.  Honestly, they were more interested in my Neighbor across the street having a medical emergency or some such thing. (Sorry, I don’t want NBC News, I watch ABC and BBC and neither carrier covered the story.)

• You’re actually denying this? ROFL!

So, let’s see…. On July 30th, you and Rob Long both have the exact same experience of a news van blocking your driveway. You also both write it down in nearly identical language (one part you actually copied and pasted entirely):

@Cmdr:

" “We’re media.” As if that settled that, and she went back to primping and primming for the camera."

“We’re media,” she said, as if that settled that, and went back to her powdering and primping."

@Cmdr:

“It’s okay, We’re the media.”

“It’s okay. We’re media.”

*** If you’ll notice, even the italics are identical (have to clink on the link to see italics)

@Cmdr:

“We’re a new organization, ma’am.  We’re the press.  We can park where we want.”

“We’re a news organization, sir. We’re press. We can park where we want.”

This is a straight copy-and-paste. You didn’t even try to disguise it.
    Edit: Ah, not exactly a straight copy-and-paste. You switched “ma’am” with “sir”.

As if that weren’t enough, you also edited your “account” this morning and removed a whole line of dialogue: “…there’s a chance I may need to step out for some ice.”

Don’t you have a history of doing this sort of thing? You would have been better off passing the whole thing off as a joke.

• I concur.  The “ice” line was indeed removed since I first read this.

I will of course add that this is not the first time that a cut and paste job has been confirmed with this poster; and likely will not be the last.  Old habits die hard.

• I was just about to ask what the breaking story was…

• @ncscswitch:

I concur.  The “ice” line was indeed removed since I first read this.

I will of course add that this is not the first time that a cut and paste job has been confirmed with this poster; and likely will not be the last.  Old habits die hard.

In this case it seems they are immortal.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m