• During combat move, can an armor be transported to a friendly territory, off loaded, move (blitz) through the friendly territory and attack an adjacent unfriendly territory?

• Good question!

I’ve never really familiarized myself with LHTR – and it brings up a great point.  AARHE was written to ride on top of those rules, so it sounds like I’ve got a reading assignment.

Gah!

• Krieghund states:

“No, a unit cannot move after offloading from a transport.”

I tend to trust his opinion.  However, it is an older post from 2007, so there might be something more current.

• BW:

You may have answered your own question for AARHE.  I am in the league games and needed a LHTR answer.  I cant understand how other players play 3-4 different games each with slightly or radically different rules and keep them all straight. :-)

Yes AARHE rides on top of LHTR, “AARHE is intended to provide historical realism to the board game Axis and Allies Revised and is designed
    to work on top of LHTR 2.0. Game rules not covered are addressed under LHTR.” [AARHE Rules 5-08-08 version 4.0]

In your combat flow chart, you already state a specific AARHE rule: Armor can blitz through empty/friendly territories

However, I think you are correct that it can’t after being transported.  Also refer to another answer I just got:
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from: oldsalty on Today at 09:10:04 pm
    LHTR rules. Pls advise.  During combat move, can an armor be transported to a friendly territory, off loaded, move (blitz) through the friendly territory and attack an adjacent unfriendly territory?

thanks.

“Not a legal move in any version of A&A (first, second, CD-Rom or Revised (OOB) or LHTR)” [from Axis-Roll, the Spring 2008 Singles champion (Gold medalist)]

So, I think the transported armor doesn’t move after being unloaded.

• Excellent.  I’m going to have to modify Combat Movement drastically.  It just doesn’t capture all the flow yet (note:  that was only 1/2 slides)

I haven’t even got to the Amphibious Assault section yet, it’s making my eyes bleed!  We’re going to have to make sure these nuances are addressed.

Thanks OldSalty.

• Armor can blitz through empty/friendly territories…. this works the same under AARHE and LHTR. In both cases you unload troops even in empty spaces you only can capture the territory you invaded…and not continue to blitz…

also you cant blitz thru mountain, snow, or desert territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m