• All I keep hearing about is Russia this and Russia that. I say forget Russia and head for England. They are much weaker militarily, and you can sneak the attack in by making it look like a naval invasion of Lennigrad… Has worked for me 13 out of 15 times.

• interesting :smile:

• The Allies are allowing you to have a fleet??? Where are you finding the IPC’s?

• this is interesting….I’d like to know more on the details. If I were Britain, and saw a bunch of transports building in the Baltic Sea, I would fear for UK as well as Russia…in any case causing me to act on my instinct by either fortifying England or going offensive on your navy. Im curious on your tactics…

• i would go offensive or else he will just take russia instead :wink: but i wonder as well where to get the ipc’s from cause you need about 24 to defend europe, meaning you can only build 1 or 2 trannies a turn who will most likely be destroyed by english and russian fighters.

• '19 Moderator

I haven’t tried this yet but I think that Germany can save all their IPC’s on the first turn, attack the british ships, taking convoy routes when possible, and then wait to see what the UK builds. Most likely it will be an anti-sub build.

If it looks plausible in the second round plop down an Invasion Fleet Hit convoy routs and ships and invade on turn three.

I think this only works if the UK doesn’t expect it also probably only works once. However, the second time you try it and the British fortify the island just build tanks for Russia.

• Operation Sea Lion - Works half the time, comes down to an almost perfectly even battle.
    Zero Turn - Germany uses 12$ for 1 Transport in the Danish Sea.
    1st - Save Money except for 1 German AC. Take Leningrad
    2nd - Build all Transport, move infantry ready to load. Use subs to screen and protect Transport. Take Convoy zones. delay the Us. Move all Air Force within Attacking range of Britain. Have an artillery for every Infantry.
    3rd - Attack Britain. This will be a very close fight. If it looks like your going to lose, retreat your airforce. Attack next turn.
    4th - Repeat

• If Operation Sea Lion fails, one has just wasted up to four turns and a large amount of IPC’s on a frivilous invasion. Most likely, you will be dead in a few turns. There is no way a german player will be able to consolidate their Western and Eastern front after neglecting it for four turns and spending IPC’s on a navy. You’ve probably been wiped out of Africa and Russia probably has gone more agressive in purchasing or has fortified its front against Japan. I see this operation as a selfish and ambitious maneuver that does not serve the Axis as a whole any good. ANd against an experienced player, one will never succeed in this attack.

• Are we talking Europe or Classic A&A here?

• Either one, it fails. It would probably even fail in the Pacific version too.

• I uses this strategy on A&AE, and here are my common play of moves. 12 IPC’s go to a destroyer. First turn, ignore convoy zones and destroy the English and American fleets(this isn’t that hard.)I also push into norther Russia, bove the western front forces east, and buy transports and surface vessles to place in the Baltic sea. Make Lenningrad a clear target (a little psychological warfare.) England usually tries to rebuild a navy, so the island is practicly defenseless, especially with the aircraft you can bring in to the fight, and the US can’t tool up for another two or three turns. It’s a risky strategy that they don’t expect, but I’ve found you can’t do it more then once to the same opponent.

• problem with sea lion is any smart player can see it from a mile away. In the end, it all comes down to who has the best luck. You need to hope its you.

• Cool but risky I wouldn’t try it unless I was was sure it wouldn’t cost me the game

• I usually only use risky plans like Sea lion when I am sure my opponent can kill me. Usually I go for more stable strategies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m