Hi all. Here are latest home rules I tested with my friend.
I mean these rules are just an “update” of the Operations Manual, not properly new “heavy” rules. A sort of “1.1 version” of Axis & Allies Europe.
USSR: The Great Patriotic War
USSR receives 4 extra infantry units per turn. These units must be placed one-per-IC, so one infantry each in Archangel, Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad. If one ore more of these territories are captured by Germany, even if it is liberated then the extra-infantry of this IC (and ONLY this) must be placed in another IC.
Germany: U-Boots bases
Germany receives 2 extra submarine units per turn. These units must be placed one-per-IC, so one sub each from the IC’s in Germany and Northern Italy. If Northern Italy is captured, then the italian extra-sub must be placed in Germany IC, even if Italy is liberated.
USA: USA neutrality
At the start of the game, USA are not in war against Germany, but she’s allied with UK and USSR… These are the consequences:
- USA can’t make combat moves. The rest of the turn are still conduct as usual;
- USA can move her ships through sea zones containing German ships, as they doesn’t exist;
- Germany can move her ships through sea zones containing only US ships, as they doesn’t exist;
- If a combat occurs in a sea zone with US units in, then this units doesn’t participate to this combat, they are simply spectators;
- USA can land troops in every Allied land territory. These troops are “volunteers”, and they CAN defend against an enemy attack. Air units even can fly and land over Allied territories and defend against attacks; air units can still be “converted” in Soviet units (Soviet Patritic War rule works as usually).
These conditions are applied unless USA is in war. To declare war, US player rolls a dice at the start of every turn. On turn #1, USA declares war on a dice result of “1”. On turn #2, USA declares war on a dice result of “2” or less, and so on. On turn #6, USA declares war automatically. When US is neutral, Germany can still attack her when she wants, simply by declaring an attack against US ships and/or convoy zones and/or US home land. If Germany attacks a territory where US troops are in, then US doesn’t go in war, because these troops are only “volunteers”.
Middle East: Middle East Support
Place a new IC in Iran. This IC cannot be bombed by “Strategic Raids”. Allies can place new purchased units here, but only a maximum of 2 units per turn. IE: USSR place an infantry, UK place a tank, USA cannot place anything, because the limit of max 2 units per turn is reached.
The value of these units cannot overcome the IPC value of entire Middle East, as calculated at the start of the Allies turn. IE: if Germany conquer Egypt (1 IPC), then a maximum of 7 IPC can be spent by any Allied to purchase units for the Iranian IC (the value of entire M.E. is 8 IPC). USA cannot place any unit in Iran when she’s neutral.
Actually, in our playtest games, these rules work good. What do you think about it? I’m waiting for your comments… :mrgreen: