What do you keep your pieces in?

• Kind of a silly question, I know;  but I was wondering what you all keep your pieces in?  I bought some of those little utility boxes (the small ones that are made to hold screws, nails, even fishing lures).  They work really well because you can adjust the dividers as you want.  I use one box for each country, then everything is organized and easy to find.

• At this point they are still all in the appropriate game boxes. The practical guy wants to combine it down and the collector guy wants to keep everything as is.  :|

Were I a woodworker I would have built something with a handle and drawers (Axis on one side, allies the other, boards in a slot in the middle) and a built in dice tower but…

• I keep my mini’s in electrical boxes like you said. I keep my board game pieces in ziplock bags by country.

I have toyed with the idea of building a field desk like I had in the army.  It would have larger compartments for each game and smaller compartments in the larger ones for say each country.

I don’t think it would be practical but since when I do paly most of the time we play at my house it may work.

LT

• @LT04:

I have toyed with the idea of building a field desk like I had in the army.  It would have larger compartments for each game and smaller compartments in the larger ones for say each country.

Something like described in this thread? Someone built a folding table.

• That table is beautiful!  Did he ever list a price?

• Wow that’s a hard core gamer!

That one is way better then my idea. I think I will wait till the new one comes out 13 weeks and 6 days from now (but who is counting) and incorperate that into it.

I love the idea of magnetic VC’s and air units.

Well I could go on and on about that table and the care it must have taken to design and build it but looking at it says it all.

LT

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

My game’s still in it’s original, factory sealed, box. (Revised that is, my classic game has been bought thrice and all the pieces combined into one box in zip lock baggies.)

Been meaning to sell my triple set though….

• I have one of those organizer drawer units from Target.  6 large drawers (capital ships, dice, chips, AA, IC, and misc pieces), and 5 rows (for 5 nations…) of smaller drawers that hold the land, air, TRN/SUBs.

I have a triple set of pieces (I ordered more from Hasbro before they ran out) and recently added 1000 more chips in 4 colors.  I have thus outgrown my current box, but have not found the right replacement.

• I bought those chips too EAI or something… perfect scale.

I also bought the green AA dice from them, which are terrific.

I got many Plano boxes that are self contained inside a larger plastic container with a handle on top, so i can carry it like a small suitcase with 6 smaller containers inside ( Italy )

I plan on painting my anniversary edition pieces and making a custom box with a dice tower inside. The more extravagant the better IMO. Ill post pics when its all done.

• I use corrugated cardboard dividers, pasted into shape with bits of torn up lined paper with a pritt stick… :mrgreen:

in the original box, with a load of pieces stolen from the AAE box thrown in.

FANTASTIC !!!

…Not as good as ‘Mr Table’ though… that is awesome!.. but if it was me …it would be too good to allow anyone to play on it LOL!!.. and if they wanted to touch the painted peices they would have to be using special gloves and tweezers LOL!!

• '19 Moderator

I have plano boxes in a canvas bag, 5 large boxes one for each player and two smaller boxes for ICs, AAA, dice, chips etc.  I have a revised set an original set, a world at war set and a War Game set.  It’s been along time since I ran out of Chips ;)

My mini’s are in larger Plano boxes 1 for each country with a box of mixed small nations and Germany and the US have two boxes, altogether ten boxes I think…

• Originally, I used to sort my A&A pieces (and pieces from similar games) by keeping them in ziplock plastic bags, with smaller bags inside larger ones to represent subcategories.  It soon became too cumbersome to open bags-within-bags to reach whatever specific kind of piece I needed, so I switched to using translucent plastic tackle boxes with adjustable dividers.  The box dimension I like the best among the many sizes available is 14" by 8.5" x 2" thick.  I get them from the fishing equipment section of local hardware stores, and when necessary I’ve ordered extra dividers from the manufacturer.  I apply white sticky labels to the narrow end of the boxes to identify them when they’re stacked for storage, and the lids are transparent enough for the contents to be easily identifiable when the boxes are spread out for use.

CWO Marc

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m