• '19 Moderator

So is anyone playing at gleemax?  I tried a game today and I gota say I like it.  It reminds me of the old days at the zone.  Nothing like a pick up game with 4 others when one or two guys have no Idea what they’re doing.

I only tried a game against the AI, which was predictably easy, bu tI like the mechanics, it took most of the game to catch on to all the functions.  Over all I like it though.

• I have ried the AI as well and concur with your observation.

I would like to try it a few more times that way to get more familiar with it before I go head to head with real players.

Over all I like it.

LT

• I played on Gleemax off and on, usually 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1, it is interesting, in the last weeks they have solved several bugs afflicting the game and also it now it is possible to select the nation to play.

The only problem, for me, is that it uses OOB rules and I usually play the boardgame with LHTR with my friends.

• '19 Moderator

Well, I’ll have to keep an eye out for people from here.  I generaly use dezrtfish when I’m doing anything axis and allies related…

• I am always Romulus in A&A wesites,forums etc.

• Better than tripleA?

• @AxisOfEvil:

Better than tripleA?

No, it isn’t.
    However being a browser based game is more “simple” to have it working on a PC even when you are not at home and you have not a laptop.

• It’s fun for a quick game 1 x 1.

The AI blows chunks after the first couple of rounds of course, so it’s way more fun with live opponents.

Vs. the AI you are basically getting training rounds with live ammo - but as the game goes on, you are really only getting tactical training, because the AI seems to have next to no strategic capacity.

What are the specific LHTRules we should request the loudest? BIDS would be the first thing I’d advocate for!

• '19 Moderator

@AxisOfEvil:

Better than tripleA?

I’ve played tripleA with friends, is there a site to get pick-up games?  That’s what I like about the gleemax set-up, like I said it reminds me of the Zone on MSN.

• @dezrtfish:

I’ve played tripleA with friends, is there a site to get pick-up games?

When you first start Triplea one of the options you have is “Find Games on the Lobby Server”. The Lobby Server functions much like a dedicated IRC for those looking to play on the spot. That’s the best way to find a pick-up game.

Although I know many peeps on this site have been using and clinging to that older version of Triplea which was patched to use the A&A.org dice server. Offhand I don’t know what version of Triplea it was, but suffice to say it’s basically outmoded. Here’s why that makes a difference in finding a pick-up game in the Lobby.

To insure game play compatibility the Lobby Server is basically linked to (and gets updated with) each of the Triplea stable releases. Simply put, if you run an old version of the game you’re also connecting to an older Lobby Server. You only see people in the Lobby who are running the same release as you are.

Typically the older the release is the tougher it is to find a game in the Lobby. Just don’t want anyone trying out their ages old Triplea download then sit around an empty Lobby going “what the hell?”  The best bet in finding a pick-up game in the Lobby Server is to be running the latest Triplea stable release.

The latest stable release 1.0.0.3 is here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44492&package_id=37009&release_id=610183

~ZP

• '19 Moderator

I played a 5 player game on Gleemax last night, not bad, some good guys some inexperience, but it was fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m