Rocket Strike and Strategic Bombing Question

• If the player has strategic bombing and rocket strike capability, collectively they can still only take down the value of the IPC territory which the industrial complex is sitting on right? I mean lets say someone Strategic bombs Germany and rocket strikes it, they can’t take more than 8 right? Does this also work with more than one country. I mean hypothetically could Britain then America bomb Germany taking a maximum of 16 IPCs from Germany. Or is the Germany territory strictly limited to an 8 IPC loss before the German player has his turn again?

Also with rocket strikes you can only have one rocket per territory attacking a another territory, and the rocket strike can only occur once per turn. So does this mean say that if Britain from the British mainland rocket strikes Germany, USA can’t rocket strike Germany again in that same turn from the British Mainland or on any other territory for that matter?

• Official Q&A

@General:

If the player has strategic bombing and rocket strike capability, collectively they can still only take down the value of the IPC territory which the industrial complex is sitting on right? I mean lets say someone Strategic bombs Germany and rocket strikes it, they can’t take more than 8 right?

Under LHTR, this would be true (except that Germany is worth 10 IPCs, not 8).  Under the box rules, each individual rocket attack or bomber may take away up to 10 IPCs.

@General:

Does this also work with more than one country. I mean hypothetically could Britain then America bomb Germany taking a maximum of 16 IPCs from Germany. Or is the Germany territory strictly limited to an 8 IPC loss before the German player has his turn again?

Under LHTR, the damage is limited to the value of the territory each turn.  A turn consists of one power going through the turn sequence, whereas a round consists of all powers (USSR through USA) each going through their turn.  So, the UK and USA may each inflict up to 10 IPCs of damage (up to 20 total) on Germany through SBRs and rocket attacks during each round of play.

This limit doesn’t apply in the box rules, since damage is only limited per individual rocket attack or bomber.

@General:

Also with rocket strikes you can only have one rocket per territory attacking a another territory, and the rocket strike can only occur once per turn. So does this mean say that if Britain from the British mainland rocket strikes Germany, USA can’t rocket strike Germany again in that same turn from the British Mainland or on any other territory for that matter?

Under both LHTR and the box rules, the restriction on rocket attacks out of one territory is per turn.  If two different powers with rocket capability have their own AA guns in the same territory, they may each make a rocket attack on their own turn.

• Thanks Krieghund as usual, you’ve come to the rescue :)

• :roll:
    Yes well that may be all true, but if you actually dropped candy bars with little hankerchief paracutes then all the little children will love you and then you can win their hearts and minds for a better tomarrow. and stuff like that :-P

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Crazy:

:roll:
    Yes well that may be all true, but if you actually dropped candy bars with little hankerchief paracutes then all the little children will love you and then you can win their hearts and minds for a better tomarrow. and stuff like that :-P

Didn’t America do that in WWII?  except the candy bars were handed out and small cakes were air-dropped?

My Grandmother-in-Law has told me that the Germans knew the war was lost when they shot down an American bomber.  The problem wasn’t that they shot it down, the problem was that there were no bombs on the bomber, but rather Chocolate Cake.  If the Americans had the resources still to send cakes over the Ocean then Germany had no chance to survive a prolonged war.

(She was a German Nurse so this is obviously second or third hand reporting from soldiers actually present, but even if it was just a story, that’s one helluva morale sinker!)

• :-D
    In the movie; Battle of the Bulge, there is a scene where the german generals are discussing this story about the chocolate cake, still very fresh, ( I think they may have actually eaten it) and saying if the Americans have ample resources to spend on shipping cake to their soldiers then we are lost. Something to that effect anyway.
    Another story, off topic, sorta, is that some bomber crews were talking about all the different kinds of ordanance that we were dropping on germany, and one crewman said, “We’ve dropped everything but the kitchen sink!” So on the next mission, you guessed it, they brought along a kitchen sink and threw it out one of the side gun windows during Bombs Away! :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m