• We gave the Russians lend-lease tanks in WWII, so I called the Kremlin, and they agreed to let me fledgling US army have a coupl eSU-152s so I can have a fair fight with some panzers. They are micro-machine SU-152s.
      Also, here is my first V2 “Super Pershing” (with a pic of one of the 4 V1 Super Pershings I made for comparison).
      This tank was REAL, and it was REAL MEAN. The US army had 2 of these made for them, just before the wars end. They saw service. These 2 tansk were shipped to Europe for 1 reason only. To see if a King Tiger could be defeated in head-to-head combat. Its gun was no ordinary 90mm. It was a true “magnum” with TWO seperat epowder sharges of immense size. This gun could bore thru anything. The ingenious crew of one of these 2 secret weapons had a brilliant idea. They knew they had the gun to do the trick, but not the armor. So they cut apart a dead Panther tank, and mounted its lower and upper glacis plates onto the front of thier tank (in effect giving it 160mm of split-spaced-armor. A custom made plate was mounted to the mantlet, and wrapped around the turret, and was designed to “spring” when hit. This gave the turret plate even more effectiveness than the glassis armor. This would have been impossible to defgeat head-on, and only the tracks would have been vulnerable. Only 1 of the 2 Supers got this treatment. Fortunetly, the one without the extra armor saw no signifigant action. The up-armored one got its chance, on 1 night of fighting (ity one and only battle-action). A king tiger saw this monster and fired a shot, and MISSED. The King Tiger had exposed its flank, and was tore to ribbons. It was a King Tiger kill, but not the head-on assault they wanted (but I am betting the crew didnt care they got “only” a side shot). Next, a Panther saw the action and was flushed out. As it ran, it too was blown to ribbons. Only slightly farther down the road, a Panzer IV saw this new US monster and immediately surrendered. Only a short bit down the road, something opened up on the American column, and the super responded. The crew, tallying its kills, needed to identify what they had just killed, but not enough of it was left to identify. This behemoth racked up 3 kills and 1 capture, and didnt even get its barrel warm.

• These T-26 Super Pershings also had a dual spring support to help hold-up and steady the gun, and a counterweight on the rear of the turret to ease the strain on the traversing gears.

(I love ithis obscure stuff)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m