• 2007 AAR League

road bonus

Here is a question on how exactly the road bonus work?

if I have a movement of 2, does that mean I can move two spaces, and then get a free space?
    for example, from a grass, to grass, to a road, and then get a extra move on the road?

Start in a grass (movement 2)
    move to a grass: 1 move used
    move to a road: 1 move used, 0 left
    move along the road? (free move?)

or does the road bonus have to occur while you are using your normal movement

Its a subtle question, but important.

• My interpretation.

If the vehicle arrives on the road and still has travel allowance, the first hex on the road is free.  ie.  Move allowance 3 hexes.  grass, grass, road with the third hex atually landing on the road he is done.  Now if it only takes two to be on the road it would go grass, road, free, road.

• I actually posted on this topic in a game thread when Der Kommander asked the same question last week.

I had a detailed exchange on the topic with the WotC rules guy.  He pretty much said, yes based on other movement-related rulings etc, the “ending on a road and getting a road bonus” was uncomfortable but that he explicitly asked the game designers if that was the intent and they said Yes.

I imagine they did it so that (with no terrian involved) if moving from Point A to Point B cost X then moving from point B back to point A also costs X.  With the more restrictive version of the raod-bonus, that seemingly-logical statement actually falls apart!

• 2007 AAR League

well, um… what I think you said was that you do get the road bonus, even after all of your movement is consumed.
    I actually just looked up the FAQ, and it confirms this. However, I have also seen several questions in the FAQs answered in contradictory ways, so im assuming they have changed their minds about some of the rulings.

I can see both sides, it was a question that I wondered about many times, but never got around to researching. Thanks

• @mateooo:

well, um… what I think you said was that you do get the road bonus, even after all of your movement is consumed.

Yes, sorry for the lack of brevity!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m