• @Adlertag:

Most people see attacking China and kill the fighter as job nr. 1

But in some rare cases, Japan dont attack China, and the fighter survive.

So as USA, what exactely do you do with China in this rare case ?

Depending on the situation, one move could be to pull back the fighter to Caucasus and land the E. US fighter and bomber on Algeria (if the brits have landed there beforehand). Afterwards you can use the 2 fighters + 1 bomber to take out the G med fleet if Egypt/Jordan is still on UK hands.

• @Adlertag:

Most people see attacking China and kill the fighter as job nr. 1

But in some rare cases, Japan dont attack China, and the fighter survive.

So as USA, what exactely do you do with China in this rare case ?

I like to put the surviving US fig in Bury with a 5 or 6 inf stack from Russia. On US1 the Hawaii fig, the WUS fig and the EUS bomber can land there also. That’s 3 figs and a bomber for US2!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If Japan choses not to attack China, for some reason, then pull back everything to Sinkiang.

If Japan attacked and LOST resulting in the fighter surviving, I like to pull the fighter out to assist with Russia. (Hell, that’s another fighter to add to the Americans task force when sinking the German fleet in the Med.  Now I have 4 fighters and a bomber instead of 3 fighters and a bomber to attack with on Round 3.)

• I do one of two thigs depending on who I am playing.

1. Pull all US forces back to Sinkiang.

2. Push all US forces to India to support the UK IC (this would be more likely if Japan built an IC in FIC)

• LT04,

I think you have the Classic map in mind.  Sinkiang and China are NOT adjacent to India in Revised (the uncrossable Himalaya territory is between them).  As such the USA INF cannot reach India unless they move through either FIC or through Kazakh and Persia.

• It has been a wile since I have played Revised.  Can’t the US FTR go to India through FIC if it survives?  I didn’t think that air units followed the same land movement rules.

• The FIG could reach India, but the INF are several turns away.

• I always try to protect India. If G.B can bring up forces from Australia; places a industrial complex in India and survive the first attack from Japan G.B has a base to fight in the East. Otherwise all is lost in the East and Moscow is faced with a threat from both sides. This is a gamble, it will either win or lose the war.

• ncscswitch, not to sound like a smart a** but I wasn’t talking about the INF.  This topic is about the FTR.

Japan kills off the US INF fairly quickly.  If there is a chance I can move any US forces before Japan jumps hard onto the mainland I like to move the China FTR to the IC UK made in India.

If the UK didn’t build an IC in India I pull an Alamo and mass all Asian based US forces together.

• @LT04:

ncscswitch, not to sound like a smart a** but I wasn’t talking about the INF.  This topic is about the FTR.

The quote I was responding to was

1. Push all US forces to India to support the UK IC (this would be more likely if Japan built an IC in FIC)

emphasis added

And in Classic that can happen very quickly.  But in Revised “All” is 4 INF, 1 FIG, and the 4 INF are all 2-4 turns away from India.  And 4 turns is an eternity when discussing something like this.

Had you said “Send the FIG to India” it would not have been an issue and I would not have mentioned it at all.  It was the “all” that involved the 4 INF which are pretty time consuming in getting to India that made me point out the barrier territories for the benefit of others reading this thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m