Panther Coelian, Bergepanther, Command, and 2 standard

• Just how many Panthers did I make to have all these versions?
    Thier is 1 Coelian shown (scratch-built turret with balsa, paper, plastic, aluminum tube, and brass rods), 1 Bergepanther version shown (I fudged a bit on the spade configuration in order to make removal possible), 1 Command version shown, and 2 standard 75mm versions shown.
    More will be told with the last pic.

• With tank binoculars, and shortened “dummy gun”.

• I had 2 Panther 2 chassis from Milton Bradley “Tank Battle” game, but had some extra turrets. I decided I would not normally need to use the Coelian, Bergepanther, AND the command version all at the same time, and could live with fielding up to 2 of them in any combo. If I dont use either of the 3, then I can still get 2 more normal Panthers into the game.
      The Bergepanther I had to cheat on, and make the spades connected to the back of the superstructure, so it would remove with it. I may still crew the superstructure of that. But these being 1:144 scale, any A&A guys would look like monsters, and actual 144 crew would look like shrimps. In front of the Bergepanthers superstructure is a “false opening” some thin blackened plastic, to give the illusion that the front driver/gunner hatch plate is gone (its not used on the bergepanther). I used the same black plastic to make the box-like superstructure appear to go down into the hull, where pullies and gears are visable too. Front MG added to glassis plate top, as the extra mechanics of the tank take up the normal gunners position. The Bergepanther is my fav of the bunch.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m