• I’ve notice that we are tending to over analyze phases of the game and seem to get really bogged down in retreat decision and reinforcement moves.

So, I was going to pull out the timer and start to get draconian about keeping a full turn under an hour.

15 minutes for turn start -> money - purchase -> combat moves seems to be sufficient. 
    30 minutes for combat rolls and retreat decisions
    5 minutes for non-combat moves
    5 minutes for reinforcement
    5 minutes for placement -> diplomacy -> tech rolls

Does your experience validate this?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

You allow players to carry unused time to the next phase?

• I’ve notice that we are tending to over analyze phases of the game and seem to get really bogged down in retreat decision and reinforcement moves.

So, I was going to pull out the timer and start to get draconian about keeping a full turn under an hour.

15 minutes for turn start -> money - purchase -> combat moves seems to be sufficient.
    30 minutes for combat rolls and retreat decisions
    5 minutes for non-combat moves
    5 minutes for reinforcement
    5 minutes for placement -> diplomacy -> tech rolls

I am quite sure its a tendency that will solve itself as soon as those players have played AARHE for at least 3-4 complete games. IN our groups playing all the axis moves never lasted longer than 20-25 minutes total, because we clearly understood the rules. I would make a cheat sheet to present to new comers on those rules that require some memory, while most of it is intuitive.

Id say 20 minutes for combat rolls and retreats

• We used to play so a person had 12 minutes to do their entire turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m