Battleground Europe: WWII Online

• I was curous if anyone here has played this game.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wwii+online&search_type=&aq=1&oq=wwii+

This game is crazy, it’s like real war(A&A down to the soilder). You can be a bomber, fighter, sniper, tank, AT gun, AA gun, sniper, parachuter, ship, average soilder, mortor and artilery crew, ect, in any fleet, squadren or division. Everything and anything while fighting through every single inch of Europe on one big virtual map. Theres supply lines, production, key capture points. Best of all and unlike other games, you can’t win on your own, you need teamwork. Only bad part though, is the fact that theres a perscription. It’s like 15 bucks or something every month.

• '19 Moderator

@Gewehr:

I was curous if anyone here has played this game.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wwii+online&search_type=&aq=1&oq=wwii+

This game is crazy, it’s like real war(A&A down to the soilder). You can be a bomber, fighter, sniper, tank, AT gun, AA gun, sniper, parachuter, ship, average soilder, mortor and artilery crew, ect, in any fleet, squadren or division. Everything and anything while fighting through every single inch of Europe on one big virtual map. Theres supply lines, production, key capture points. Best of all and unlike other games, you can’t win on your own, you need teamwork. Only bad part though, is the fact that theres a perscription. It’s like 15 bucks or something every month.

Is this a fruedian slip?  LOL,

Perscription:   a written direction for a therapeutic or corrective agent

Subscription: an arrangement for providing, receiving, or making use of something of a continuing or periodic nature on a prepayment plan

I normaly don’t correct grammer, but this was too funny  :-D

• I did a trial maybe 2 years ago or so.  I could not figure out what the hell to do.  I would have had to pay for the superscription to even get close to knowing what was going on.

I really wanted to like the game, but it was too aged, too hard, and too chaotic for me to enjoy it yet.  I also hated running for 10 minutes to get to the battle, only to be shot from nowhere.  I had no idea where to go or what to do, and that was just standard infantry.

Great idea, but needs polishing.

• '19 Moderator

I was reading that reciently they have worked on some of those issues, I haven’t played it myself, but I read they had developed mobile spawn points and in game “tutors”  of course few people are interested in being mentored…

• Well, it is suppossed to be like real war, as son as you get to the front lines, your not expected to get into the action imidiatly. Use a some form of transportation to get there. Alos, they’ve got forums and stuff to help out, and they say you should make a few friends and stick with them to guide you.

Every so often I’ll check their main page were they have a current map and newspapper to see whats all happening with the front lines.

• This was 2 years ago, so I have no doubts they’ve improved it.

The web based update stuff (newspaper) was really cool.  It showed you the campaign progress and even users that did some major stuff in battles.  :mrgreen:

• It’s cool cause it’s like watching the war day by day. It’s starting to turn into a game, I get excited when theirs a big offensive, ooh whos going to take the city type of thing  :roll:  I’m rooting for the germans

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m