• Still at office, can’t be there before at least one hour and half :(

Im not sure for Low luck, the battle might be normalised but it’s too easy to comit the right forces.  This strategy deals with forcing the ennemy to commit it’s forces, you don’t nomrally hold back when rolling dices.

• D’oh!

I’m booked then until Sunday (maybe late Saturday like 11pm, maybe…).

I’d love to run the strat with you some time.  Let’s see if we can get a couple hours in the next week.

Peace

• @Mazer:

AoE, let’s play man.  I got until 8pm.  I’ll run either side of this strat.  Get in the lobby!

I dont see you in there

• Welp, we played and i got two words to sum it all: Japan failure.

On the bright side, i’m not ever playing a team game with someone i don’t know. I’d rather have played pool and pocketed the 8th ball along with the queue ball.  It really was that bad.

Guess Caucasus falling on 4th turn in thoses conditions was already good considering you knew from start what i would do. I’ll replay you with dices and playing both axis next time, we’ll see how it goes.

• yeah japan sure did mess with the results. But to be fair, Caucus didnt really fall on the 4th turn. I left it empty to kill all your german tanks. :) And retook it. However, if the japanese didnt do that ill-advised attack, was it round 7? It still would have been interesting, as berlin was close to falling as well.

A couple of things on the game.

1. I didn’t maximize on the opportunities I was presented. I think a better played allied game would have crushed berlin. The mistakes i made were: I bypassed africa with us, giving the germans too much income. I should have staged in algeria with the us, and killed that med fleet early.

2. I didnt take advantage of the weak eastern front. This has part to do with bad dice. Im actually not sure how i didnt take Ukraine in ll round 1. Thats never happened before. And frood says it shouldnt of happened. hmm actaully a few battles were different on the triple a battle calc compared to frood. Hmm. but heres frood:

Probability % # units / losses
      69.98% 5: 1 Art, 2 Arm, 2 Fig. 3 Inf. : 9 IPCs
      27.4% 4: 2 Arm, 2 Fig. 3 Inf, 1 Art. : 13 IPCs
      2.62% 3: 1 Arm, 2 Fig. 3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Arm. : 18 IPCs

There is no result with 0 land units, which is waht happened!!! But that caused me to stack caucus rather than w russia. Which didnt allow the russians to eat up territory. The uk should have been landing in  northern europe and eating up territory, another error on my part.

3)  Ur post does say round 2 you would buy 2inf 2art and the rest tanks. You instead bought all inf and art waiting for the WE landing that u new was coming. if u bought the tanks, berlin would have been in trouble much faster.

So as in summary, i didnt properly bleed the Germans, and u had way too much income. Which allowed u to place way too many inf in the west. But even as it went, berlin was at risk of falling that game. So yeah we should do it again, with you in control of all of axis.

• It was fun seeing the strat in action (BTW - For those not in the game, I was not in the game either as they were playing at a time later than I could make it.  I dropped in for a bit around midnight to see the action).

I do think a more aggressive Allied opening will cause the Germans fits.

I’m out for today, but maybe late tomorrow I would have some time.  Sunday evening I could certainly get a few rounds in.

Have a good weekend!

• Ya, that’s the thing, you were not supposed to retake caucasus. I came in with 4 units from transports and 3 more that were still in range. The Japan had at least 6 tanks, 4 planes and 1 infantry in range but never wanted to reinforced me, going for kazahk… (wtf was that? )  which lead to Russia able to take it back on turn 5 despite its weakened  state when it never should have been able if japs reinforced it…

Have Japs massed there, i would have been able to build 4 units plus 4 more coming from transport to bring it up to 14 units and japs would have been in an even stronger position the nxt turn instead of exposing stack of 3 lone tanks to your counters. Result was that the build up got completely messed up, german presence removed and it was the turning point to the defeat. Never would have happened if i was playing Japs but what can you do when your ally don’t listen. :(

1. We would need to see, I’m not sure Uk would have been able to take western europe alone every turn.

2. Eastern front was not weak before turn 4, once the battle in westrussia happened.

3)  We have to make it intersting, don’t we? :P

Anyways, too much stuff got messed up in the game to really have a clear view and without Japan fighters backup, this strat is doomed to fail for sure.  It is in the conditions.

Let me know when you can play.

• Tonight’s looking good.  You around?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m