• 2007 AAR League

I think this was answered, but please clarify.

Using the cheese Tranport unload into stacked hex free soldier movement, can an adjacent enemy soldier get a defensive fire, if the soldier moves from one adjacent hex to another adjacent hex?

Also, if a tranport carrying a soldier fails a terrain roll, can the soldier still unload in the previous hex? I would think yes, since unload is a soldier move, not a transport move.

• 2007 AAR League

unlrelated, but why the hell does avalon hill say stupid stuff like this

“If the hex is directly to the left or right of the unit’s hex, then that hex is neither in front of nor behind the unit. The hex that the unit is in is also neither in front of nor behind the unit.”
    ?

When you absolutely have to know if you are in front of or behind a vehicle.
    I think this was already clarified, but I just havent actually seen the clarification.

• @mateooo:

I think this was answered, but please clarify.

Using the cheese Tranport unload into stacked hex free soldier movement, can an adjacent enemy soldier get a defensive fire, if the soldier moves from one adjacent hex to another adjacent hex?

Yes.  And if the DF succeeds, the soldier is stuck, with a face-up disrupt, on the transport.

Also, if a tranport carrying a soldier fails a terrain roll, can the soldier still unload in the previous hex? I would think yes, since unload is a soldier move, not a transport move.

I…don’t…know  :-o

Based on the various rules involved I think you are correct.  But I haven’t personally seen that question on the offical FAQs or rules forums.

Mot

• @mateooo:

unlrelated, but why the hell does avalon hill say stupid stuff like this

“If the hex is directly to the left or right of the unit’s hex, then that hex is neither in front of nor behind the unit. The hex that the unit is in is also neither in front of nor behind the unit.”
    ?

When you absolutely have to know if you are in front of or behind a vehicle.
    I think this was already clarified, but I just havent actually seen the clarification.

This one comes up all the time, actually!  Anything with a fixed turret or even hull-mounted gun makes this important.

• 2007 AAR League

Does overrun happen before defensive fire?

Basically, my king Tiger enters a hex with a enemy bazooka. Does that bazooka get a defensive fire?

• 2007 AAR League

ahh, regarding flamers and natural 6s

here is the ruling
    Q: Some abilities (such as Flamethrower and Guard Crew) refer to numbers rolled on attack dice. Do these abilities care about modified die results or the “natural” numbers rolled?
    A: The “natural” numbers rolled. These abilities refer to the numbers rolled on the dice before any bonuses or penalties are applied.

• @mateooo:

Does overrun happen before defensive fire?

Basically, my king Tiger enters a hex with a enemy bazooka. Does that bazooka get a defensive fire?

I think only the vanilla Tiger I gets Overrun, but to answer your question:

When a unit attempts to move the adjacent hex into another unit’s hex, the defender can DF the charging unit in either the source or destination hex.  So when the Tiger attempts to move the adjacent hex into the Bazooka hex, the Bazooka can DF while the Tiger is adjacent.  But if the Bazooka waits until the Tiger enters then it is too late as Overrun will disrupt the Bazooka, and disrupted units cannot make DF.

• 2007 AAR League

@Motdc:

I…don’t…know  :-o

Based on the various rules involved I think you are correct.  But I haven’t personally seen that question on the offical FAQs or rules forums.
    Mot

anyone got an opinion on this?

• Well, in response to a related questions here:

http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=16083&highlight=movement+roll+transport+unload

The rules guys states in part:

“When a Soldier dismounts, it’s the Soldier that’s moving, not the transport…”

By the letter of the rules in the manual, your description of unloading from a vehicle that had failed a Move roll is fine.  I dont see anything in the FAQs to contradict the manual, though perhaps someone with better search skill can look as well.

• '19 Moderator

I agree

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m