• What you think about a sub for germany placed i red sea zone or French Indo China in order to kill the indian uk transport on first one?

It avoid a counter on africa so can be better then a 8 ipc bid in africa (1inf,1arm)

Too crazy?

• and avoid an India british reinforcement of course  :wink:

• with 8 IPC bid you might as well buy a German transport and go Sealion, which if it works ends the game.

But i like that out of the box thinking.

Id like to also propose a bid can be offered as:

1. either the outright grant of IPC to buy and place new forces or

2. to make changes in the set up on land, counting the ipc at 1/2 value…

Example: Axis win the bid of 6 and can buy 2 infantry or move 12 IPC worth of land units from starting territories to other controlled territories.

• tried it twice on triplea.

not bad especially if coupled with 2 or 3 inf in Libia (14-17 bid).

• Thought you could only place bids on territories controlled by the country… So Ger troops can’t start in Jap controlled territories.

• Yes maybe. But this is a free seazone, no?

• @buba:

What you think about a sub for germany placed i red sea zone or French Indo China in order to kill the indian uk transport on first one?

It avoid a counter on africa so can be better then a 8 ipc bid in africa (1inf,1arm)

Too crazy?

thought you could only place it on your territory or in the sz next to it.

• Bid units can only be placed in territories you control at the start of the game, or in sea zone immediately adjacent to territories you control at the start of the game.

And that is per NATION, not per SIDE.  So Germany can only place their bid units in or adjacent to GERMANY controlled territories, and Japan can place their bid units only in or adjacent to THEIR territories.  Germany cannot place in Japan controlled territory and vice versa.

Also, I think that in Classic you cannot place bid units in an enemy occupied sea zone (so Germany cannot place units in the sea zone around UK even though it borders both Western and Norway that are Germany controlled.

• What is the point for bidding and do u only bid for axis?

I’ve been playing A&A for 15 yrs. and never heard of bidding until i started playing online.Been playing on gleemax site for about 4-5 months.

• addicted,

From what I gather biding started with A&A classic due to the unballanced game board it’s said the the allies have the advantage.  Revised was supposed to take care of this (and add other cool featured to the game.)

Normally the bid will go to the axis player.  Recentely I have been giving a bid to the allies that are just learning how to play to give them more options.

In some tournaments I have seen the two players write down a number and who ever is lower will start as the Axis with that bid.  (Mind you this wasn’t a tournament that would amount to a hill of beans.  It was just a bunch of locals.)

I hope that answers your question.

LT

• Ok, thx for your reply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m