Is This Game Being Played in Brick & Mortars?

• I know there is a small, dedictaed online AAM gaming group here, but are there any physical AAM gaming communities out there? There are three game stores in my area and only one of them will stock Axis & Allies Miniatures. There are only two other AAM gamers I know of in my area and they are in it only because I should them how to play on a Saturday afternoon. I’d like to see local AAM interest grow and possibly even host some tournaments.

Do you think it’s a dying cause and that the game will live on only via dedicated PBEM groups?

• Someone is playing face-to-face somewhere, I guess, or WotC wouldn’t be selling it.

When I was in college we played all kinds of stuff so face-to-face was easy.

Now I live in suburban gaming hell and would have to travel half-way across the state I guess to find a game store…no idea if anyone actually plays AAM there.

But I digress…

You should just start a community game club!

• Cobalt, next time you’re in Florida, you can come play with Mateo and me.  You can kick his ass FTF just like online! :wink: :lol:

• '19 Moderator

There was a small 10 to 12 played comunity at a game store here, but I moved to the burbs and it’s too far to drive, I have a couple buddies that play and my 9 year old.

• well, here… we are 6 grown-up men who don’t sleep friday night because are busy destroying each others mini’s :))

unfortunately we do not have all the arsenal we need so a t34 is the best tank in the game, but it still proves a lot of fun…

• When the first three sets were released, we had tournaments every Sat night in the local game shop.  Also, Nuetral Ground (shop in Manhatan) had games every monday night.  The number of players slowly started to dwindle.  Now, both have completed stopped and the players disappeared.  I know a couple of them sold thier sets on ebay.

That said if the game can live in Manhatan of all places, it’s DEAD excpect for a bunch of small local groups and the online players.  I know there’s a large group that plays in upstate NY but it’s far from me.  Other than this group I don’t see much else going on… ever.

I’m wondering how much of a showing there was at the Spring Gathering.  It looks like they had a big turnout for A&A but not the minis.

• Well … I’m glad it still be played here online at least. I don’t really feel motivated to go and buy anymore booster packs unless it picks back up.

• @Cobalt:

Well … I’m glad it still be played here online at least. I don’t really feel motivated to go and buy anymore booster packs unless it picks back up.

It’s DEAD, just a matter of time before they stop making new sets.  Good news is after the next two confirmed sets, they’ll probably cover most WWII units anyway

• Just my luck as I just started getting into the game. I have not found anybody to play in my area with the physical minis yet.

• @Shemar:

Just my luck as I just started getting into the game. I have not found anybody to play in my area with the physical minis yet.

What area?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m