Re: Converting images for A&A Mini Modules

• '19 Moderator

I was messing around with paint just to see how close I could get with the M10 and the Panzer III L
    MiniSizes.png

• '19 Moderator

Loses something in the translation I guess…

• To really view the images, people need to download them onto their PC.  I dont know if its this forum or the browser itself, but attached images always look like hell.

• I think I’m stuck on step 4 removing backround from foreground.

Damn I never used this program b4 and I feel like it’s written in another language.

Please help.

• @Der:

I think I’m stuck on step 4 removing backround from foreground.

Damn I never used this program b4 and I feel like it’s written in another language.

Please help.

I’ve heard good things about Gimp, but I too did not find it overly intuitve…it’s probably just in what you are used to.

• '19 Moderator

Hey Mot, I’ve got a couple I’d like to have you check out, where do I send them?

Also, let me know when your done with this thread and I’ll clean it up and sticky it.

• Use files at motcreations dot com.

Everyone should post on here which ones they are working on so no two people end up converting the same ones.

I’ve got a completed Panhard and Tank Obstacle.  I started Barbed-wire but its actually kind of tough.

Mot

• '19 Moderator

I’m doing a Stuka and BF109, but I want to have you look at them to see if the quality is ok

• '19 Moderator

I can’t find it, type slow and use small words… :-D

• '19 Moderator

I just noticed the stuka was allready done, no big deal I’m just playing to see if what I am doing will work.

• actually I have corel PSP on my laptop…
    I’m still stuck… :?

• '19 Moderator

All right, now I have:
    BF 109
    M10
    Su122
    Semovente

and a Stuka that we don’t need;)

I just can’t figure out where to send them…

• '19 Moderator

lol, I emailed them to what I think is the addy you posted…

• FYI, got them.  Looked good at first glance!  I’ll go ovet them more soon.

I’m not sure about the scale of the aircraft though.  I’m thinking they will need to be smaller becasuye hexes are going to start getting crowded.

I’m psyched, this is great!

• '19 Moderator

Well if they look good I’ll start knocking them out I should be able to do at least 4 or 5 a day durring the week.

• I’ll add the ones you sent to a module and we’ll see how they look for real.  Also, I think the scale for the Me was good, but the Junkers might need to get resized to match the Me.  Let’s see how they look in the module…

• '19 Moderator

I think there’s already a stuka probably don’t need two, I realized after I made it.

• OK, I’ve added them to the modules.

They look awsome in general, and I look forward to any other your or others come up wih!

Now some comments after seeing them on a map side-by-side with other existing units:

I think the vehicles are a tad small in apperance.  The newer photos of units are often taken with them at an angle and from above a bit, so to match the vusal apperance of a, for example, side-profile Sherman at 28 pixels heigh you’d need mayb a 30 pixel-high image of the perspective-angle Wolverine. No biggie really, just something to take into consideration with future ones.

The Me was perfect afterall.  The Stuka (both versions I have) by comparison seem on the large side.  No biggie, again just a comment to help with future units.

Mot

• @Der:

actually I have corel PSP on my laptop…
    I’m still stuck… :?

What specifically are you stuck on?

• '19 Moderator

I’m going to try to finnish out Contested sky’s this week.  I’ll send them by nation

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m