• So me and a few friends are going to pick up A&A again and havent played the revised edition yet.
    A few questions:

1. How many dice do rockets use? I’m assuming 1, but I don’t think the rulebook states it.
    2. Can a tank blitz off a transport?
    3. Does everyone use artillery much? I’m just having a hard time getting my head around using them with infantry when tanks are now 3/3.

Thanks all!!

MDMurdock

• Official Q&A

@MDMurdock:

1. How many dice do rockets use? I’m assuming 1, but I don’t think the rulebook states it.

It’s one.  See the section that straddles pages 20 and 21 in the Operations Manual.

@MDMurdock:

2. Can a tank blitz off a transport?

No.  Land units may not move before loading onto a transport or after unloading from one (page 31).

@MDMurdock:

3. Does everyone use artillery much? I’m just having a hard time getting my head around using them with infantry when tanks are now 3/3.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I use them a fair amount.  However, not as much as I used to in Europe and Pacific when tanks were 3/2.

• @MDMurdock:

3. Does everyone use artillery much? I’m just having a hard time getting my head around using

Artillery is nice when you’re finishing your purchases and you’re left with that 1 IPC. It also allows you to retain offensive power when the IPCs are running low. The best example is for UK, which requires 32 IPCs to buy 4 INF and 4 ARM for its 4 TRN but its income can vary below that.

I’ve also seen people only buying ART instead of ARM. It allows for more units but at the expense of movement and defense.

• Using ART depends on which country I’m playing.
    I find them rather more useful for the Russians, than for the Germans for example.
    But that’s just my humble opinion.

• Excellent! Thanks for the answers and advice!

• Kreighund covered the rules questions.

Re:  Artillery, I use them mostly for Russia and Germany.

Japan, UK and US have to build transports, and tanks offer more bang for the transport buck than artillery.

Russia has 2 fighters to trade territories with, and a few artillery are useful in trading territories.

Germany needs some offensive punch to crack Moscow (or at least THREATEN to crack Moscow).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m