• @Deaths:

@Brain:

@Deaths:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

10,000  views  never thought it would be this popular  8-) :cry: :wink:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I think people think they are going to see the WOTC global came in this thread and that is why it is so popular.

Well 2051 people have Downloaded it as of today. I wonder How many have actually printed it?

Okay, I am now inserting my foot into my mouth.

• '10

How does CHINA work?  I see in your pictures there is a factory?

So all IPCs in CHINA can be spent in that factory?

Is there any benefit to the BURMA ROAD?

Any help from those who have played this is appreciated.

Thanks

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I think the China rules are like AA50 and Pacific 1940.

I agree, I wish there were rules in ONE place so we could all see them instead of fragmented throughout.
    We are playing tonight! I will post pictures this weekend and give some insight on gameplay.

@FieldMarshalGames:

How does CHINA work?  I see in your pictures there is a factory?

So all IPCs in CHINA can be spent in that factory?

Is there any benefit to the BURMA ROAD?

Any help from those who have played this is appreciated.

Thanks

China operates in the same manner as Pacific.  Burma rd alows China to Build 1 extra Inf. + the 2 from the Factory.   We play tested letting China Buy tanks/planes/ Arty. China w/ the British in India can over whelm the IJN pretty quick, Couple that w/ a USA KJF strat, IJN is in a tough spot real quick

I believe post #1 has a rules set that explains everything.

• '10

Just got the board printed out and set it up in my basement right away!

I can just stand here for hours and stare at it thinking of all the possibilities.

GREAT MAP!  Thanks

PIC-0004.jpg

• '10

India and Burma Theater

PIC-0009.jpg

• '10

The ANZAC view of the world

PIC-0008.jpg

• Looks great.

Just played our first game.
    Axis dominated the game, UK could not get a foothold to even start a Navy without Germany pouncing on it.
    Russia could not stop Germany from advancing. India held their own against Japan with Australia’s help.
    Everybody love the game, but wondered if the Axis was favored too much?
    Questions:

1. Each side lost thier last pieces in a Naval Batlle with only transports left on both sides, are they destroyed?
    2. Minor Axis rule, leaving one unit in home country, does the build count as this or do you always leave one behind?
    3. What are the limits of the Chinese territories that they can advance to?
    4. forts defend with two dice of three or less on first round as well as each infantry unit on a 3 also, please clarify.

• '10

Forts?  I did not see any forts on the board?

here is the video of the game we played Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKQNCDhvGo

• '10

Great Video! Thanks

I see that you had blue units for the French?  And Yellow for Romania?

(Not to mention COMBAT DICE and a COMBAT TURRET)

Yes, Free french were Blue, Vichy were dark grey, Romania was yellow,
    I might change some colors for next game and have the roundels for the added countries.

Please clarify this unit.
    Does this mean if there are 4 infantry present, only one infantry is at 3 or less and the others are are 2?
    Land and sea attack?

Fortification:
    Cost: 6 IPC
    Move: -
    Attack: -
    Defend: 3
    Two key benefits for this unit:

1. Roll 2 dice at 3 or less per Fortification during 1st round of Amphibious Assault against attacking land units
    2. For each Fortification, increase 1 infantry defense to “3”
      Other rules:
      This unit cannot be destroyed and can be taken over and used if the territory is taken by the enemy.
      Stacking is allowed up to the respective IPC of the territory

Nice Pics FMG, and thats a sweet video.

Thanks guys for your time with this game varient

• '10

@Deaths:

Nice Pics FMG, and thats a sweet video.

Thanks guys for your time with this game varient

No, THANK YOU! For taking the time and effort to bring us this great map!

@coachofmany:

Just played our first game.
    Axis dominated the game, UK could not get a foothold to even start a Navy without Germany pouncing on it.
    Russia could not stop Germany from advancing. India held their own against Japan with Australia’s help.
    Everybody love the game, but wondered if the Axis was favored too much?
    Questions:

1. Each side lost thier last pieces in a Naval Batlle with only transports left on both sides, are they destroyed?
    2. Minor Axis rule, leaving one unit in home country, does the build count as this or do you always leave one behind?
    3. What are the limits of the Chinese territories that they can advance to?
    4. forts defend with two dice of three or less on first round as well as each infantry unit on a 3 also, please clarify.

1 We Play if only Transports are left (No Boats or planes or subs) for either side then they Both Survive the combat.  This also adds Flavor to the Q Ship as it would Negate the Tie and Only the friendly Trans Can Survive.

3. We never actually Had a limit on where they could go, They Seemed too be Busy Fighting the Japs, to Go and Jolly off, free Inf. for Russia Attitude. Do you really want Japan Having a free Factory in China? China and India Can Put up a Fight Together.

I don’t understand #2 and 4

• '10

Can someone please explain the Trans-Siberian Railway?  We are going to play soon and there is controversy on how it works.

Thanks

I understand it as if you start on the Railway , infantry can move 2, and tanks & mech can move 3.
    Also I think I read that it can be used by the enemy in the same way whch I disagree with.

Maybe someone who has played this more than once will know more.

The Trans-Siberian Railway, Burma Road, and Trans-Continental Railway work like this.

They allow Arty,AA and Infantry to move 2 spaces during Noncombat. Tanks + Mechanized Inf. Get no Bonus for the rd. In a Real life situation, This would be called Rail Heading. What that means is basically you are loading your Equipment on to Trains and Mass Transporting Men and Material together, Hence they would Arrive at the same time. That is why Tanks and Mech Inf do not go any “faster” and why you can’t Use the roads benifits on the attack.

To gain benifit of the rd, the unit must start it’s move on a road section
    The road gives No benifit to attackers. In other words you can only use the roads ability during Noncombat.  You can use a Newly conquered Section of rd During Noncombat that turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m