• Let me know with enough time so I can arange to be off that day. I would love to play it again.

I will,

Did you convert the map to AAA yet?

• Not yet. My home PC died on me shortly after our game and have been without a computer for almost two months now. I am getting a replacement here in the begining of December and will be back to working on maps.

• Greetings.

I’ve read through this thread and came to the conclusion that I’d like to get a print out of this board.

What is the recommended printing size for someone who intends to use standard AA size figures? Axis & Allies Miniatures look a bit too… well I just don’t like the idea of using them, and I have so many copies of various AA board games editions that there’s more than enough plastic to fill this map.

What would be a good recommended PRACTICAL printing size?

Thanks,
    Starke.

PS - What is the most current and up to date version of this map, and where can I obtain it? Is there a PDF version?

• ONE MORE QUESTION:

I’ve been browsing through this thread, and I want a quick clarification: Are the setups listed on the first post the ones I should use? There seems to be an awful lot of “don’t put Factory on Hawaii” or “Where are the setups?”.

Is there a clear and concise list of the setups that I can just print off and start having a mess around with?

• bump… anyone there?

Hey whats up.

ok if you want  to use the Standard AA pieces, which also the size used in play testing is
    15 sq ft. 62-68 inches in length and roughly 34-36 tall. I am not sure of the exact size.

the file posted on the first thread is the most up to date map available and i believe is already the size used with the standard AA Pieces. This is the Practical size.

The set up charts do have a few oops I forgots, but they are mentioned in notes.

The Neutral chart you can use, just x2 the units the the territory from chart.

No their is no perfect setups. All the Actual units on the map for each country are correct. the only ones that have changed are IC’s. And I believe each is listed if any change was needed.

I have both sizes and I recommend plexiglass for an overlay. will protect your map. when stored roll the printed side in.

My friend actually does the graphical changes to the charts because I lack the proper programs to do it.

• Thank you Deaths Head 420!

I don’t know if you’ve ever played the game “Hearts of Iron”, but your map reminds me of a lite version of it in AA form: it allows so much freedom of movement and multitude of strategy.

Excellent design and concept and flawless presentation.

Look forward to playing a game in the coming fortnight  :mrgreen:

• Started the process of getting this map printed.

I will be having:

1 off 1727mm  (68in)  x  812.8mm  (32in) print mounted on 12mm MDF, edges painted black.

Will post photos as soon as it arrives and is set up  8-)

• How much is that map going to cost?  What company/service are you using?

• @Texas:

How much is that map going to cost?  What company/service are you using?

http://www.london-displays.com/

Originally it was going to cost £200 on fomex in a matt finish, but my brother jumped in on the last minute wanting to go halfs with the price and decided that it would be too flimsy… so he suggested we go for a gloss finish instead on MDF for durability and ease of cleaning (should any spills - however unlikely - occur).

So now the price has gone up to £300  :-o Though that seems a lot the board is going to be transported a quite a bit around local gaming clubs and national events in the future, and so we’re willing to pay that much extra to ensure a good longevity.

I’m just waiting for the company’s production to give me feedback on the feasability of the print.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Texas:

I printed his map out as a 48" X 96" (four 24" X 48" taped together and plexiglass layed over it)

@Starke:

@Texas:

Originally it was going to cost £200 on fomex in a matt finish, but my brother jumped in on the last minute wanting to go halfs with the price and decided that it would be too flimsy… so he suggested we go for a gloss finish instead on MDF for durability and ease of cleaning (should any spills - however unlikely - occur).

So now the price has gone up to £300  :-o Though that seems a lot the board is going to be transported a quite a bit around local gaming clubs and national events in the future, and so we’re willing to pay that much extra to ensure a good longevity.

I’m just waiting for the company’s production to give me feedback on the feasability of the print.

Nice, But May i say the Glossy won’t look right, and if you put plexiglass over the map, you will be surprised on how clean and in mint condition it will stay.  I would like to see photos though.  Both of my maps are printed on High quality Photo paper and in a matte finish.  The Gloss really won’t do anything to help preserve the map IMO.  Try going down to a Printer who specializes in Mechanical Drawing or Blue prints for construction company’s

• @Deaths:

@Starke:

@Texas:

Nice, But May i say the Glossy won’t look right, and if you put plexiglass over the map, you will be surprised on how clean and in mint condition it will stay.  I would like to see photos though.  Both of my maps are printed on High quality Photo paper and in a matte finish.  The Gloss really won’t do anything to help preserve the map IMO.  Try going down to a Printer who specializes in Mechanical Drawing or Blue prints for construction company’s

Nothing has been set in stone as of yet.

I’ll follow your advice and get it done in mat in that case.

BTW Deaths Head I received the following e-mail today from the company and it stated the following:

We have checked your artwork and the resolution is 88ppi after examining carefully.

We do require 100ppi for an optimum print.

What does this mean? Can you provide me with a 100ppi copy?

Regards,
    Starke.

it means they are lazy.  If they really need it at that ppi, they can do that them selves using Photoshop I believe.  If you are concerned, have them print a Black and white copy, and then exaMINE it then. You should be able to have it printed in B/W for less then $10.  Tell them it is a test and they may do it for free, since getting the map printed in that smaller size is still going to run you around $80 for everything including Setup charts.

• @Deaths:

it means they are lazy.  If they really need it at that ppi, they can do that them selves using Photoshop I believe.  If you are concerned, have them print a Black and white copy, and then exaMINE it then. You should be able to have it printed in B/W for less then $10.  Tell them it is a test and they may do it for free, since getting the map printed in that smaller size is still going to run you around $80 for everything including Setup charts.

The problem has been resolved, they sorted it out themselves and have sent it to me in pdf format. Looks sweet so far :D

• With regards the setup charts….

I cannot seem to find the IPC chart for this map to keep track of income.

Was one made?

No a IPC chart was not made. We tend to not use it because we found it does not stay accurate very long.  At the end of each countries turn we count up all + and - from starting income. Takes about 2 seconds to figure out what each country is making.

• Hello everyone.
    First thing to say is that I absolutely love this map. I’m looking forward to play it in a few weeks.

I thought about some slightly setup changes, mainly to include Tactical Bombers and to weaken the german starting position in the atlantic, it looks like they can wipe out the whole british navy on turn 1…

Also I made National Objectives for this map based on the AA50 NO’s:

National Objectives - Germany
    $5 for all german territories in europe (without Norway and Finland)
    $5 for 6 of Baltic States, East Poland, Western Ukraine, Novgorod, Belorussia, Orel-Kursk, Eastern Ukraine, Crimea, Kharkov, Caucasus
    $5 for 1 of Leningrad, Stalingrad

National Objectives - Russia
    $10 for 3 of Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia
    $5 for Archangel and no allied troops in soviet controlled territories

National Objectives - Japan
    $5 for all japanese territories (including occupied china)
    $5 for 10 of Hong Kong, Philippines, Brunei, Borneo, Malaya, Sumatra, Java, Celebes, Dutch East Indies, Dutch New Guinea, New Guinea, Papau, New Britain, Solomon Islands
    $5 for 1 of Hawaiian Islands, New South Wales, Calcutta

National Objectives - UK
    $5 for Quebec, Gibraltar, Cairo, New South Wales, South Africa
    $5 for 1 of Western France, France, Vichy France, Greece, Yugoslavia
    $5 for controll of any originally japanese territory
    (maybe an additional NO for control of India?)

National Objectives - Italy
    $5 for all italian territories, all german territories in north africa and no enemy surface warships in the mediterranean
    $5 for 6 of Vichy France, Gibraltar, Malta, Cyprus, Tobruk, Upper Egypt, Cairo, Trans Jordan, Syria

National Objectives - USA
    $5 for all US-territories in north america (without alaska)
    $5 for Philippines
    $5 for 5 of Midway, Wake Island, Hawaiian Islands, Johnston Island, Gilbert Islands, Line Islands, Aleutian Islands

National Objectives - China
    2 Artillery in Szechwan if the Burma-Road is under allied control

Of course the bonus is not that important on this map, but i always liked the AA50 objectives - and the Chinese NO could really help to give them some firepower. Any thoughts on this would be great.

Hi Neptune and welcome to the Forums.

Before you go making your own changes, try it this way first. Yes germany does destroy most ok UK fleet, not all. And if played right UK will have a navy back by turn 4 along with the usual US support. These set ups were play tested and tweaked, and play tested again for about 2 years before we redid the setup charts. With the exception if Hawaii IC, I believe the Charts are perfect.

Don’t let Germany’s frontline force scare you too much, Russia has plenty, it’s just spread out a bit more.  Don’t let the IPC income level scare you either. Try it this way first, You’ll love it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m