• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12841.15

Here is a link to “Minor Axis and Allied Powers” which plays off the DeathsHead420 map.

It incorporates a number of Minor Axis/Allie rules that work well with this map.  The last few pages of the thread shows a few tweeks to the rules based on play (i.e. Vichy France).

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Deaths:

Nice Pics FMG, and thats a sweet video.

Thanks guys for your time with this game varient

No, THANK YOU! For taking the time and effort to bring us this great map!

Yes thank you Deaths Head 420!

We are all set up in my bunker now with the map that fieldmarshalgames brought over to my bunker.  We are very excited to play which will be in a couple of weeks.  I know…we are set up a little early but we love AAA and get too excited sometimes so we drool over the map until game time!  Check out the pics here.
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18426.msg616205#msg616205

Looks Nice.

Do I see a IC Complex in Libya?

Not sure why that’s there on the Set Up.

I play that map without it all together, That goes the Same with the IC in Hawaii.
    Not sure How that Mistake made it into the Set up charts? Sorry :oops:

Nice HQ, I like the charts on the Monitors.

• '10

This is a long thread…  is there a post or download with all the rules together?

@FieldMarshalGames:

This is a long thread…  is there a post or download with all the rules together?

The First Post should tell you everything you need to Know. Also look at your Set up charts, That may also answer some questions.

• Customizer

@Deaths:

Looks Nice.

Do I see a IC Complex in Libya?

Not sure why that’s there on the Set Up.

I play that map without it all together, That goes the Same with the IC in Hawaii.
    Not sure How that Mistake made it into the Set up charts? Sorry :oops:

Nice HQ, I like the charts on the Monitors.

Whoops, I did place an IC in Libya…my bad.  I remembered about the IC in Hawaii but I must have missed the one in Libya.

Thanks!

• Where are the Canadian roundels?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Brain:

Where are the Canadian roundels?

They are there, they look like the UK Roundel but with no outer Yellow Band.

Should I change the Canadian Roundel to this?

• Nice work, it seems a nice map.

One question though: isn’t Mozambique supposed to be neutral since it was a portuguese colony during WW2 like Angola?

Edit: Ah. No Portugal also. Well, I’d suggest a change of the name of the Iberian Peninsula territory to Spain and Portugal. Portuguese people don’t really like to be considered a part of Spain. :)

Just a friendly Bump.

Looking to get another game going in August. If there is any interest, let me know and I can get you the info required to attend.

We are playing the first weekend in August in Tulsa, OK.

• @coachofmany:

Should I change the Canadian Roundel to this?

THATS UGLY!!!  :x :x :x :x

Not much else to choos from, I use the standard roundel OOB for the UK, and the far east roundel for India, and the blue circle with white center for the Australians. Sometimes choices have to be made because out of options. I did not want to use the post 1945 roundel with the maple leaf. Any suggestions?

• @coachofmany:

Not much else to choos from, I use the standard roundel OOB for the UK, and the far east roundel for India, and the blue circle with white center for the Australians. Sometimes choices have to be made because out of options. I did not want to use the post 1945 roundel with the maple leaf. Any suggestions?

Use the UK one (that things scary!)

Just played our third time. Axis wins again!

Check out the Youtube video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDF3HIWQjo

I have a couple questions for the ones who play this variation.
    1. Do the fortresses become too powerful in this game.
    Rolling two extra dice and every Infantry unit bumps up to a three in defence every turn kills any offensive.
    (I was thinking it should be only first round, then all units defend back at thiet original numbers.

2. The mobile Infantry states cost is 4 Attack/defend 2(3)/2 when paired with artillery.
    This unit becomes too powerful.

3. Does Vichy French ships have to stay ajacent to their countries or can they go elsewhere unlike the land units who are tied down.

4. Do the Axis Minors have to leave a unit at their end of thier turn in home country (Does this mean purchased at end of turn or always leave on unit in thier home country at all times?)

5. Do you think the Japanes start with too many planes?

6. Do you think the Germans start with too many subs?

7. Which rule are we using for the Chinese? 9 IPC’s per the numbers on the countries?
    Count the countries they own and divide by two and add men wherever or on a certain country.
    They seem too weak, always get wipes out.

8. Are Japan and Russia at war or is there a non-aggression pact?

Any comments are welcome.

• I play this variant often.

1-Yes, the fortress is too powerful under the original house rules.  I kept the 1-time 2 shot rule and made it a 1-1 ratio fortress-infantry in order for the infatry to defend at 3.  This would mean you have to invest in multiple fotresses to get multiple infantry bonuses (but you still only get 1-time 2-shot rule)

2- Yes, a little too powerfull as well.  I revised the stats to the mech infantry from the AAP40 game including the ability to attack on a 2 if you have paired infantry.

3- I allow these to move.  They cannot attack, but they can create blockade scenarios for the allies; bulster German axis sea defences and be used to transport German/Italian units.

4- Yes - I play Axis Minors must always leave a unit in their home country.

5/6- This seems to balance out over the course of the game.  The german sub issue creates a whole scenario the allies must contend with or risk getting the IPCs stripped via convoy takeovers.  The Japan issue may not be less of an issue for me becuase I play that Japan-Russia are at war from the start (see #8)

7- I used to use the AA50 rules; then went to the AAP40 rules for China.  Including Burma Road bonus and IPC collection.

8- I’ve always played where Japan-Russia are at war from the start.  This is more for time management then historical accuracy.  This is also an easy house rule to insert in your game.

I also prepared an updated version of the rules and setup and will be revising once AAE40 is released.

AA40P Set Up for Minor Powers v1.6 June 10.xls

• Here is the link for the variant rules history which incorporates Minor Axis-Allied powers.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12841.30

Response to Coach……

1- We don’t use Fortresses That way. That sounds pretty strong, We just Match em up with Infantry/Elite Unit and those matching Inf  get a 3 def for the combat or as long as the bunker is not Destroyed, and The Bunker Can Take 1 Hit like a BB. But gets No Dice Roll.

2- I Disagree they don’t become to powerful. The Problem is the Mech is stated wrong IMO.
    Try giving your Mechanized unit a Lower Def. like 2-1-2 att,def,move cost 4. That should 
      Balance it out for you.

3- I don’t use the Minor Nations------yet

4- Same as Above

5- Not a chance, This gets balanced out rather quickly

6- No Again, If you are having issues Beating the German U boat fleet Back, try Building your UK Navy in Quebec, In the Space that Does Not Contain the Anchor. You start with I believe 1 dd and 2 Transports. rd 1 Build 1 BB there. The most Germany is going to be ABLE to hit this space is 3 Subs. Also Fly 1 or 2 Fighters from UK to Quebec to place on your New Carrier next turn.

Rd 2 Buy a carrier and place your Planes on it. Move your Fleet to the Quebec Space that HAS the Anchor. Place your Carrier here w/ planes  The US can Reinforce this

Rd 3 Build DD’s and Other Larger ships in the space with the Anchor off UK Move your Capitol ships in to that same space. Now you have a respectable Fleet Off the UK Main land again and may begin your Assault, you should Have:  At Least 1 Destroyer, 2 Transports, 1 Battleship, 1 Carrier w/ 2 fighters + 4 Ships of your Choice + Whatever The US Can get there also.

The German U Boat threat should all But Disapear Unless they got U Boat Interdiction or Wolf pack NA. But you will have a Sizable Fleet in the Atlantic.

7- China as we play it. Can build Inf. Only. Only Makes $9 their Factory Produces 2 Units and The Burma rd can Produce 1 Inf. itself. The USA may replace China’s fighter if Lost, This does not count against Build Limit. They may only ever have 1 fighter

8- This is your Choice, We play they are at war from Game start. Unless the Non aggression Treaty comes into play, then it’s really up to the IJN player at that point

• Looks very nice  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m