I did, they are in 2nd post

• Received printed map today and it looks great!  Excited to play.

My bad, but I can’t locate the posted rules…is there a link in one of your posts?

Also, what are your thoughts on adding the Cruiser unit (country setup for this unit)?

Yeah Posted the Basic rules we used while Playtesting.  I believe they are in the 2nd post in this thread.

As far as techs and stuff and can give you a suggested tree complete with National advantages.  Basically Use a Revised ruleset, with the Mods mentioned earlier in thread.

How big did you print it?

And How much was it?

Glad you like it. I love mine

• Maybe the best A&A map I have seen so far, since I love A&A Europe and Pacific, and the convoy zones and ports.

But again we have this Norwegian issue. You made Norway one territory, but Italy mainland 3 territories. Norway too should be cut into 3 territories, because in 1939 there were no railroads or highways and it took a long time to travel from sout Norway to north Norway.

Also in 1939 Norway was not adjacent to Russia. Finland had the Petsamo with its worlds largest nickel mine at Kolosjoki, and this was the reason Germany occupied north Finland and startet the Litza-front. Both the nickel from Kolosjoki and the iron ore from Kiruna was shipped on convoy zones that are missing in your map, maybe because UK blocked this trade-route in the real world ? But this game is a What-if ? game, and if UK had not blocked this convoy route, then Germany would get great income and maybe win the war. Hitler said that the Northern Front was decesive, but not in any A&A game I have see.

I Tried to add a convoy zone to the Baltic Sea, there was just No room for it.

The european Portion of the map with the exception of the Berlin Space is straight from the AAE version of the game.

This was a Major area that Germany did get its resources from, and I tried to represent those Convoy’s with a Beefed Up Baltic Fleet.  Large enough at first that UK can’t just Simply Kill it first turn like revised.

Cruisers, Yes I have toyed with the IDea.

I would make Destroyers cost 8, 2 att, 2 def., 2 move,
    Cruisers cost is 12 they are a 3,3,2.

as for with set up, I would just simply make cruisers a Buy Option for each country.

The set up charts are a Pain in the Ass to Add new units or territories too.  I learned this adding Brazil as a Neutral

• @Deaths:

I Tried to add a convoy zone to the Baltic Sea, there was just No room for it.

Lol, the convoys was not in the Baltic Sea. The resources was convoyed from ports in Northern Norwegian coast, in what is seazones 3 and 4 in Revised map. I dont know what number your map got on this, because I cant get it large enough to see.

what do you mean, can’t get it large enough to see?

Did u Down load it?

I gave a Anchor to Norway, that was not originally there. Hope that helps.  :)

• The version of your map that I downloaded was a 2mb jpg.  I had a friend who runs a graphics company color correct and print it @ 67"x32".  It’s printed in a thin, flexible matte plastic which allows for easy rolling for transport.  Overall, the resolution and detail are very good for play use.

I also found a 21mb jpg of Postronica’s original (semi-updated) version and printed that at the same size/style.  Again, resolution is fine for play use.  [Surprisingly, the print quality of the 2mb and 21mb file are not that much different; could be my friend did some grpahics magic before theprint run  :-D]

But your version of the map (which features many edits from previous posts) will be my “go to” map.

Regarding the Cruisers - I was thinking similar modification of destroyer stats to work in the cruiser.  I hear you on the editing thing for set up charts - not eay to do…  I may take a stab at suggesting some set up ideas and drop in a post (need to use all those table tactics units :lol:).

Hoping to get my A&A crew together in the next few weeks to play.  I’ll give some feedback after the session.

Again - thanks for the efforts!

• can we get the modified map file link?

this thread is the modified Map link

• Customizer

Do you have a higher resolution map? Something not jpeg?

• Set up the game this past weekend using the map and set up charts on page 1 of this thread.  Overall, it makes for an impressive beginning…A few notes/questions:

• Piece density is a challenge in the following territories: Northern Italy, Southern Italy, Rome, London, Great Britian, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland and Yugoslavia.  I am creating some “off map” placeholders to help with this problem (those bombers take up ton of space :-)).  All other territories handle initial set up well.

• Germany Set Up: Bavaria is on the map, but not listed on the set up chart.  Should there be any German units in Bavaria to start the game?

• Japan Set Up: Hainan listed on the set up chart but not showing up as a territory on the map.  I assume Hainan set up should be ignored.

Very minor issues for a grand project…Game play is set for next weekend - I’ll give an update then…

I will also study the Crusier set up idea.

• Correction from my above post: Found Hainan - island off the coast of French Indochina.

My bad - sorry for the mistake.

Correct, Bavaria does not have any units from game start.

the density is an issue yes, just print map bigger. :-D

Also, Make sure u do not put factory on Hawaii

Glad you like it

it has been just brought to my attention that the Set up charts are not there.

I will see if I can Dig them up, but any one who happened to get them before they dissapeared, could you plz repost them

Thank you

DH420

• no one have the place set cards??

• I do but I don’t have a way to post them

• I have them but don’t know how to post.  Let me know where to send and I’ll do it.

Using your board and love the additional strategic play with the additional szs and territories over other AA maps.

One question on convoy center boxes.  They are attached to 3-4 szs.  How do you get control of convoy center?

@oldsalty:

I have them but don’t know how to post.  Let me know where to send and I’ll do it.

Using your board and love the additional strategic play with the additional szs and territories over other AA maps.

One question on convoy center boxes.  They are attached to 3-4 szs.  How do you get control of convoy center?

I can’t seem to find My disks with the most Up to date lists, still looking though. Just moved recently.

The convoy Zones- Do you have AA Europe? If you do, read those rules on it and that is how you use them.  Otherwise you just sail through the zones with a combat ship.(not a Trans or Sub)
    Subs must expend 1 Movement to “clear out” said Convoy. 1 to move in, and then 1 to Claim. If your sub used 2 Movements to get to said Convoy, you do not take control of said Convoy till your next turn, of course your sub must still be alive during your Next turn and expend one of it’s 2 movements to “patrol” said Convoy.

I will send you an Email Addy, see if you can Email them to me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m