• Hello,
      After 2 floods, and a reconstructed basement, I am finally back in business. In order to be more competative (I have seen a big drop-off in orders while others are busy) I am offering my usual ultra-fine detail (primed and 3 shades of base color, inked, highlighted, rust, nicks/scrathes, tread and teeth silvering, full decals, and double-coat clear) as well as a more generic painting service for those on a budget (will still rival most other work).
      Here is my latest job, just completed, of hotwheel PzI’s.
      After complete painting, these had all the little nicks, scratches, fender/hull, and exhaust rust, as well as weathering applied over the decals.

• ok how much would those 10 tanks cost?

I have my set painted at 85% all metals… you will be amazed soon when i post the pictures.

Im waiting on UK and USA air and naval to be finished . I even have V-1 rockets all done.

• I hope I dont get in trouble for typing in actual $ amounts, but those were $60 total for all 10, which included return shipping.

• Yikes!

I guess ill stick with my painter. Not as good as you with details but cheaper.

• '19 Moderator

I don’t see any issue with you posting costs…

• '19 Moderator

btw, you should find your self a 1940 penny  :wink:

• @Imperious:

Yikes!

I guess ill stick with my painter. Not as good as you with details but cheaper.

If you can send decals, and want to clearcoat them yourself, I can go down $1 each. Also, I can go down $1 per unit if you want slightly moire “generic” painting (looks same, but without quite so much rust & weathering. So possibility of getting them down to $4 each.
    Also, you get them rebarreled to twin guns, and return shipping is on me (those are always free services). With orders of 10 or more units, I also include an extra unit (random) painted up. So hopefully that makes it a pretty good deal.

• Yea what i’m doing is sending the pieces to a guy, who charges a buck a tank, .75 for one guy painted or $1.25 per ship and $1.00 per plane. I will buy the decals and you paint. Are these prices ok?

The Japaneses just get a red dot on the planes and carriers and such get the flag, Americans get the white star, British get the roundel, Germans the + sign or the nazi symbol, Russians get a red star, Italy gets a roundel

advise?

Ill have you paint me a revised set or two.

• Have we been talking about 2 different scales all along?
    I work with the “collectable series” and those would be the prices I have been mentioning all along. But maybe you are referring to the “other” A&A.
    (A) Traditional board game pieces: Are you talking about the traditional axis & allies board game pieces? The ones that come with a few sprues of pieces all molded in different colors for each different army? Where tanks and planes are about 3/4 inch long? And ships get maybe just over an inch and a half?
    (B) Collectables: The pics I post are of the newer A&A “collectable” series booster packs in 12 / 15mm, with tanks about 3 inches long. Ships from that series get up to 5" long, and planes have a 2" wingspan.

–----------------------
       If (A) is the case, then I can do ships for $1.25 each (average, with carriers @ $1.75 and transports @ $0.75), tanks and planes for $1 each, and men 5 for $4. Basic insignia and clearcoat included, and they will look goooooood.
       If (B), the bigger tanks almost 3" long, with rotating turrets and details down to the rivets in the road wheels, thier is no way I can do those for a buck or so. They take me at least an hour and a half each if not more for most. And the planes that come in the collectable series are about 2" wingspans and are about as much as a tank to paint. The ships from that series can be anywhere from $4 to $15 to paint, and get up to about 5" long.

• :-D

If (A) is the case, then I can do ships for $1.25 each (average, with carriers @ $1.75 and transports @ $0.75), tanks and planes for $1 each, and men 5 for $4. Basic insignia and clearcoat included, and they will look goooooood.

yes I guess i forgot to mention. I dont play AAM. I want painted pieces for the BOARDGAME.  When they first announced AAM i thought “gee how wonderful to get new painted pieces to play the boardgame…”  then i saw what the true intention became and i got pissed off because i saw how perfect it would be to make them in micro scale and buy huge armies, but now i cant even use them for the board game because they decided to be money grubbers and justify small quantities of pieces using LARGER sculpts as the disguise for this shenanigan.

• Well, that makes a huige difference, he he. I call it all “A&A” and I guess I should have called one of them AA and the other AAM. You probably thought i was nuts when I stated costs for AAM and you were thinking AA. Well, anyway, give me a holler if you want me to do some up for you, even a small order so you can compare. I’m sure you will find my paint jobs on the smaller scale even par with what I do on the larger scale, inch-per-inch.
    –—
    If the pieces are still on the sprues, that would be great, cause I could give them a good scuffing (to break that resinous feeling) before I seperate them. If they are off the sprues, I can still do something to scuff them before I prime them, its just a little bit tougher. But in either case, I would prep them before priming & painting them. It always helps them last much longer.
      But send me a PM, or an e-mail at timdrocks@mchsi.com (e-mail preffered cause I can keep them permanently for records). I’d rather discuss details NOT on the public message boards.

• Jim -

• yes ill send an email.

The pieces are in the original bags… Axis and Allies pieces do not come on sprues unless your talking Milton Bradley

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m