Rule Clarification - Non Combat into Territory just Taken

• If I take Territory “X” in combat, can i reinforce that territory by moving other land units into it during non-combat?

I have always played “Yes”, but it was questioned over the weekend and the rulebook didn’t explicitly state either way.

Thanks
    Lou

• i know you can’t land air units but I think you can move land units there. ( its rare that you would have the chance because it is usally better just to send the extra units into combat)

• Official Q&A

Cyan is correct.  Land units may move into any friendly territory in noncombat movement.  This includes territories that were captured during the current turn.

• Thank you bothy

Cyan - I do occasionally like to see how a battle turns out (bad dice) before committing a large army to defend a position.

• This can also be useful if you use a light force to clear a territory, then you can send tanks through to a friendly territory on the other side.

For example, say japan has a big stack of armor and a couple infs in india and a lot of infs in sinkiang.  Let’s also assume the allies have picket defense in kaz and persia.  Either stack would get smacked on it’s own, but together they should hold a territory.  Use a few infs from sinkiang to capture Kaz, and a light force to take persia, then, once you know both battles were victorious, you can shoot the armor stack from india up to Kaz with the inf stack from sinkiang for a formidable hold on the territory.  (I’ve used this to swing US tanks from TRJ through Persia to Caucasus, or to get UK armor from Norway through Karelia to Arc or WRu to help defend russia as well)

• @TimTheEnchanter:

This can also be useful if you use a light force to clear a territory, then you can send tanks through to a friendly territory on the other side.

For example, say japan has a big stack of armor and a couple infs in india and a lot of infs in sinkiang.  Let’s also assume the allies have picket defense in kaz and persia.  Either stack would get smacked on it’s own, but together they should hold a territory.  Use a few infs from sinkiang to capture Kaz, and a light force to take persia, then, once you know both battles were victorious, you can shoot the armor stack from india up to Kaz with the inf stack from sinkiang for a formidable hold on the territory.  (I’ve used this to swing US tanks from TRJ through Persia to Caucasus, or to get UK armor from Norway through Karelia to Arc or WRu to help defend russia as well)

yes that is a smart move.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m