• When you finish making all of the pieces are you going to upload a folder that has the .png of each piece so we can copy the contents over to our version of TripleA?

I will.

I have now uploaded the first version. They include the units posted in the previous post, including all Russian naval unit’s.
    Due to nice weather  8-) and plenty of exames :x, i haven’t been able to work on the project in some time.
    Tho i have some wip’s that will be ready soon.

You can download the first version here:

http://www.uploading.com/files/B5D20FCS/Skeletors_TrippleA_skins.zip.html

If you have any suggestion of how to further improve the unit’s, please post them here.
    I might also create custom unit’s if you need something special for a project.

Enjoy

-Skel-

• @Imperious:

I am not actually arguing that point, but its covered under an assessment of intent or purpose

Also, I had done an extensive survey of this issue back in 2003 and the conclusion was that what these projects amount to is safe conduct and not of material issue.

If it were not true and you don’t believe ME, then why have not all these so called “unauthorized axis and allies expansions/variants” have never been sued?  They have millions of them since 1981.

IL, check Chapter 1, section 106:
    "Subject to sections 107 through 122, the owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following:

(2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work;"

That includes all the millions of axis and allies expansions/variants that you mentioned above. Avalon Hill simply ‘tolerates’ them, meaning that they will not pursue any legal action, because they know it is on their best interest to have them around (to generate more interest/more buyers for Axis and Allies).

This situation is already what happens regarding fan fiction (I’ve written quite a few fanfics regarding computer games and that’s how I learned about this subject):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_fiction#Legality_of_Fanfiction

• Well the result is the same whichever way you look at it. So use the AARHE map or get rid of the raster maps that were created with substandard programs. The improvement of the pieces is making the triple A map look like toilet paper with diamonds on top.

Thats my advice.

• So I installed the new pieces and I noticed that you didn’t have any factories specific for each country.  Are you going to leave the factories the same or make separate ones?

ImperiousLeader:  How would I go about changing the default map for TripleA.  Is there an easy way to use the AARHE map?

• yes indeed. just DL the file and you can edit with any adobe program. At least view it and compare. If you need it in another format provide a list of extensions that are compatible.  >  .eps,.ai.,pdf.,svg.,etc…

• So I installed the new pieces and I noticed that you didn’t have any factories specific for each country.  Are you going to leave the factories the same or make separate ones?

Hey Bananaman. I tried to make some custom factories, but they didn’t turn out nice at all. The small scale of the imagefiles makes it hard to do complexs detailed structures, and make them look good.

The areas with IC’s is usually allso the most crowded areas on the map, and a more “reallife” IC makes the areas eaven more messy.

Changing this is not top priority, but if i find a way to make them look good on the map, i will certainly do so.

-Skel-

• @bananaman:

ImperiousLeader:  How would I go about changing the default map for TripleA.  Is there an easy way to use the AARHE map?

You need a ‘clean’ AARHE map without any symbols (IPCs, territory names, capitols, etc) and only the territory outlines to start. Since you’ll use the .xml file from Revised it is not hard since you won’t have to create the .xml file

• Ill get to work on such a file and provide a link.

over the weekend.

• Customizer

I love your new looking units. your download link doesnt work any more. could you reupload the images so i could add them to my triplea?

• What link?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m