• “but if your measuring who exactly is the best strategist you probably should look at the kind of game where its more dynamic.”

Really.

So I suppose it would be MORE strategic if you decided to throw drunken cats at your Axis and Allies board.  Arguably, such a game would require FAR more strategic decisions and be FAR more dynamic, requiring decisions regarding what sort of beer your cat prefers, what sort of beer you prefer, whether or not a cat can be classified as a biological weapon under the Geneva convention, the moral implications of using cat-based weaponry on plastic civilians, possible legal implications involving the ASPCA, as well as such mundane variables as age, size, and weight of cat, air-speed velocity, and all this even before considering the question of how knocking variable pieces off the board would affect the Axis and Allies game (or how throwing drunken cats around would affect, say, your marriage.)

In fact, a real strategist - a REAL strategist would not only be able to adapt to such a situation, but would thrive, yes?  Perhaps you are such a strategist, IL?  Seeing as how you are able to control factors that OTHER people would perhaps think were not under your control, you must indeed be a master of strategy.

I give you a popsicle stick, a stick of chewing gum, a paperclip, and forty-two seconds.  I would like the report of how you conquered Switzerland with these resources on my desk by Friday.

• I would not bring the example of cats to prove points about games…

And up until now the thread was productive.

I’m out.

Have a nice day.

Meow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosTIwbFjzM

• :-o
    Me thinks that Bunnies P Wrath is too smart for his own good. :-P
    But that’s my opinion.
         I will smite thee for outragious sillyness!  :-P
         And, later on, I shall appauld thee for
                     OUTRAGIOUS sillyness!  :-D
    Because we are not allowed to do both in the same day. :x

Now then, does anyone have a rebuttal to my post before all of this Outragious sillyness.  :?

• '19 Moderator

@Crazy:

IMO, More than 2 players is a beer and pretzel game, not to be taken too seriously.

But, for the fun factor, a multiplayer game is what you want, as long as everyone agrees that the game is just for fun, and nobody should get their feelings hurt by getting razed for making a dumb more, as it is just all a part of a multiplayer game.

This is the way I play most often, emphasis on the beer, I don’t need to prove I am Hannabal reincarnate, I just want to pretend to rule the world while drinking beer and sh!t talking with my buddies. :-D

• So does anyone want to participate in a 5 player play by forum game ? :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

@Mr:

So does anyone want to participate in a 5 player play by forum game ? :mrgreen:

Occasionally you will see 5 player games in the “Play Board Games” forum.  Each year we have a doubles tournement 4 players each game.  They are a lot of fun, and all the stuff IL was saying about convincing your partner to follow “your plan” is true.  I know my partner and I have had some heated discussions on which strategy to pursue…he’s usally right. :-D

• @Imperious:

I would not bring the example of cats to prove points about games…

And up until now the thread was productive.

I’m out.

Have a nice day.

Meow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosTIwbFjzM

IL, we would like you to join or 5 player game

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11681.0

What say you

• sure…join gleemax, dL the software and we can play on the real map that does not look like a comic strip. After badminton training (about 11PM) ill be available.

AAA is not quality IMO.

• @Crazy:

:-o
    Me thinks that Bunnies P Wrath is too smart for his own good. :-P
    But that’s my opinion.
        I will smite thee for outragious sillyness!  :-P
        And, later on, I shall appauld thee for
                    OUTRAGIOUS sillyness!  :-D
    Because we are not allowed to do both in the same day. :x

Now then, does anyone have a rebuttal to my post before all of this Outragious sillyness.  :?

I thought NBP’s comment was funny. what he said was true but I think IL is just saying you have to be able to react to unexpected surprises and adjust. (i believe that is an important part of strategy being flexible but it isn’t the most important)

• Personally, I think that both options have their advantages.
    Sure, playing one on one has something ‘chessy’(and I mean the game :lol:) about it. It’s like you’re trying to get inside the mind of your opponent, deducting his strategy as he/she makes moves and try to make his plans part of your masterplan. It’s fun, it takes a lot of mental work but it’s worth it.
    Then again, playing 2 vs 2(I’ve never played with 5 people, and for this I apologize  :wink:) has a lot of good features too. Two minds see and think of more than just one. Putting your ideas together will often result in a better plan than either of you thought of, and defeating 2 of your friends(who are your intellectual equals, at least concerning A&A :roll:) gives an enormous satisfaction. Beating two people who think together to defeat you is something special, at least to me.

To sum up. There will always be people who prefer one or the other, but I believe that each has its charm, and therefor such discussions are a bit pointless. And to end with a golden oldie: “Live and let live”(Unless your opponents are playing on the Allied side, in which case, kill the bastards :evil:)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m