• Finland had two NA’s to survive this. You know, “a finnish soldier is equal to ten russian ones”, and Mannerheim line :-D

• '19 Moderator

Well, I supose good leadership could be a matter of luck, Patton wasn’t killed in WWI, lucky for us.  Also it’s not always clear who will be a great leader, sometimes a captain or even some nameless grunt can change a battle.  The point is if battles always went the way they should this game would be boring, I love the lopsided battles, when they are for me or against me.  They make the game more interesting and fun.

Here’s another one, same game.

Germany invades Caucuses with 6 Ftrs, 3 Arm and 4Inf against 4Inf and 1Ftr

Opening round Russia rolls a yatzee - 5 aces for AA and then hits with all 4 Inf

in the end Germany retreated its last fighter and 1 Arm leaving 1 Inf holding Stalingrad, I guess Zukov was there…

• @mateooo:

“good luck” in real life wars is usually secondary to good leadership, higher tech or better strategies, not " good luck". Russia sure had a big army in WWI, but they sure didnt fare too well. And American infantry sure can kill a whole lot of enemy infantry with minimal casualties, but thats because of fancy weapons and vehicles. Course that dont necessarily mean we win…

agree with you mostly

it was no luck in Germany smashing France

it was Panzerdivisons. It was the German organisation. Simply put, the Germans smashed them like pumpkins

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m