• '19 Moderator

I couldn’t sleep last night and this sort of developed in my brain as I stared at the ceiling in my room.

Economic system:

I believe the economic system in Axis and Allies can be improved to reflect more historic circumstance.  During a conflict a captured land does not just fire up the factories as soon as it is captured and start producing for the new owner.  I think it is more accurate to say that the capture territory is exploited to further the aims of the capturing nation.  Resources and manpower would be transferred to the existing nations infrastructure.  Food production would be rationed and stored supplies transported to where they were needed.

In addition the economic value of land is reduced in war torn areas.  Repeated battles and exploitation of land damages the economic value.

Proposed:

Captured territories value is permanently reduced to half.  The reduced amount is transferred to the capital territory of the conquering player.  If the territory is liberated, the value remains at the reduced rate.  However, if the territory is captured a second time the value is reduced to 1.  The amount of the reduction is deposited in the conquering players bank.  All values are rounded in the attacking players favor.

Additional income is represented by chits that are stacked in the territory.  These chits can be transferred to other territories during the course of the game.  To Transfer Industrial Production Chits the player removed them from the map on the non-combat movement phase and then places them back on the map in the new location on the next non-combat movement phase.

Example:  Germany invades France (6IPC).  The territorial value of France is reduced to 3 and the value of Germany is increased by three.  Several turns later the British invade and liberate France.  The value of France (3IPC) is added to the British (French) income.  On the next turn Germany recaptures France.  The territory of France is now reduced in value to 1 and 2 IPC are deposited in the Bank of Germany.

Please let me know what you think…

• I think it can penalize Axis, because the conquering of new territories is the only way for the Axis to cover the economical gap to the Allies.

• '19 Moderator

The idea was to help the Axis, by alowing them to bring catured resources home.

BTW I think this system works best with 1939 versions, later versions would have to be tweeked to represent territories that were captured before game start.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I tend to agree, it would help the axis a bit more then the allies.

A)  Almost everything Germany conquers is 1 IPC anyway. (Africa)
    B)  Germany could allow the Allies to take W. Europe and then be able to build 13 units in Germany instead of 10. (6 IPC / 2 is 3, so W. Europe is worth 3, Germany is worth 13.)

• AARHE uses this idea except each combat round reduced the IPC to the owning player by one and this is not a permanent change.  Id like a solution that reduces the counting up to make the game go easier with less stuff to keep track of. Thats what i feel most people want these days.

• '19 Moderator

You’d have to use tokens, call them IPTs  in my face to face games we rarely use the Income tracker anyway.

I don’t see a more smooth way of doing it other than making the game map an 80" flat pannel monitor

• Actually to reflect the historic circumstances it can’t a clean cut penalty for all captured territories.

Some original territories were historically conquered.
    Also some territories are colonies, they hate both Axis and Allies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m