• @Cmdr:

@HolKann:

All@Cmdr:

If you let me know what you want to buy with that cash, I’ll start a new thread in the play games area and roll out Russia’s first turn.

All right, m gonna go 1 inf 1 rtl  in Lib, 1 ipc to Jap. Where can I find the reference rules? Are these (http://www.daak.de/lowluck/lowluckregel.php?sprache=e) allright? Anyways, good luck! (though we won’t need that  8-) )

Looks okay, however just to clarify a couple of things, here’s how I see some of the optionals as listed:

1)  You can roll for a tech with success (attempts purchased)/6  That means if you buy 6 attempts (36 IPC) you are guaranteed the technology you want.  However, you can purchase two attempts if you want too and have a 33% chance of getting the technology.  You may not purchase the technology in parts.  If you buy 5 rolls and roll a 6, you would still need to buy 6 rolls to get a 100% chance of success.

2)  SBR:  Attacker does 3 to 4 IPC in damage per attack.  Defender does 2 to 3 IPC in damage to the bomber.  (On a roll of 1, 2 or 3 take the lesser number, on a roll of 4, 5 or 6 take the larger number.)

Shoot, seems I gave a link for AA2nd instead of AAR: http://www.daak.de/aarll/aarllregel.php?sprache=e . There’s not much difference, except for SBR and techs, which are similar to yours, but better clarified and I like them more. You need 45 IPC’s for a sure technology, and the SBR depends on the country’s value and whether an AA-gun is present, which seems logical and better in accord with the ADS rules. Give them a read, and tell me if we can use those.

Not clearly explained is what happens when both fighters and bombers fly over AA. Can the attacker choose which one(s) take(s) the hit(s), or does one roll for both fighters and bombers apart (for instance: 5 ftr and 1 bmr are getting shot at by AA. Does the defender have a hit on 5- for the fighters and a hit on 1- for the bomber (thus with a 2 hit possiblity)? Or does he have a sure hit and the attacker gets to choose on which airplane? Or does one roll a d6 in this case (6 => hit on bomr, 5- => hit on ftr)?) It’s the same to me, but it has to be clarified beforehand ofcourse…

Anyway, I’m looking forward on capturing Moskva without the need for luck ;)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

That’s too complicated.

SBRs do 3 to 4 IPC damage and if an AA gun is present, the attacker takes 2 to 3 IPC in damage in return.  It’s simple, easy to remember and does not need to be calculated based on territory value.  After all, we’re talking the AVERAGE result, not the average based on property value and day of the week.  Obviously if the territory is only worth 2 IPC, then you can only do 2 IPC in damage maximum.

Likewise, I don’t know how they get 45 IPC for a technology.  LL rules stipulate that if you attack with 6 infantry, then you get 1 hit no matter what.  Likewise, if you roll 6 dice for one technology, you should get one hit, no matter what.  6 Dice cost 36 IPC.

As for Fighters/Bombers, that’s pretty easy too.  Roll for the fighters, then roll for the bombers.  If Germany attacks Russia with 7 Fighters, 2 Bombers, then Russia kills 1 fighter for sure, and rolls a single AA shot @ 1 for the remaining fighter, then rolls a single AA shot @ 2 to see if a bomber is hit.

Since in Revised, AA Guns are targeting fighters in one group and bombers in another.

• @Cmdr:

As for Fighters/Bombers, that’s pretty easy too.  Roll for the fighters, then roll for the bombers.  If Germany attacks Russia with 7 Fighters, 2 Bombers, then Russia kills 1 fighter for sure, and rolls a single AA shot @ 1 for the remaining fighter, then rolls a single AA shot @ 2 to see if a bomber is hit.

Since in Revised, AA Guns are targeting fighters in one group and bombers in another.

Gosh I’ve just realised that in the LHTR (not in OOB) you target Ftr and Bmb separatly… Good to know, but I don’t know if its a good idea to use it like that in LL. Personnally I’ve never used it like that, I’d have rolled a shot @ 3 plus the sure hit.

BTW Holkann, I’m Hendrick from DAAK ;) looking forward for ur J4 :P

• @Cmdr:

Likewise, I don’t know how they get 45 IPC for a technology.  LL rules stipulate that if you attack with 6 infantry, then you get 1 hit no matter what.  Likewise, if you roll 6 dice for one technology, you should get one hit, no matter what.  6 Dice cost 36 IPC.

Hmm, there’s a small difference between tech and battles: for tech it doesn’t matter if one throws four 1’s, or one 1, the result is the same. This is not so for most battles: four hits are not the same as one hit. If you attack with 6 infantry, assuming the opponent has also got a few units, the average hit after doing this battle a zillion times will even out to 1. This is because the times one did’nt throw a 1 is compensated by the times one threw multiple 1’s. If one’s throwing 6 dice for tech, the average to not throw a 1 is roughly 33%, and is not compensated by throwing more 1’s at other tries, because tech doesn’t work that way. So one will only be succesful 2/3 of the time when playing ADS, and LL wishes to keep those game mechanics the same, while reducing the effects of dice.
    The rule you suggest is simply a bad rule. I’m quite reluctant to play with it, but if you insist, we’ll use it.
    The other rules you suggest, I can live with, they’re not much further from the original game than the ones I’m used to. Ow, and how would you like the rules heavy bombers (especially if techs are going to be cheap  :wink: )

@ Ashkayel: It’s an interesting game we’re playing, I’m not sure who’s on the winning side now…

• :|
    I’m sure it means;
    always deliberatly screwed!  :evil:

@HolKann:

@Cmdr:

Hmm, there’s a small difference between tech and battles: for tech it doesn’t matter if one throws four 1’s, or one 1, the result is the same. This is not so for most battles: four hits are not the same as one hit. If you attack with 6 infantry, assuming the opponent has also got a few units, the average hit after doing this battle a zillion times will even out to 1. This is because the times one did’nt throw a 1 is compensated by the times one threw multiple 1’s. If one’s throwing 6 dice for tech, the average to not throw a 1 is roughly 33%, and is not compensated by throwing more 1’s at other tries, because tech doesn’t work that way. So one will only be succesful 2/3 of the time when playing ADS, and LL wishes to keep those game mechanics the same, while reducing the effects of dice.
    The rule you suggest is simply a bad rule. I’m quite reluctant to play with it, but if you insist, we’ll use it.
    The other rules you suggest, I can live with, they’re not much further from the original game than the ones I’m used to. Ow, and how would you like the rules heavy bombers (especially if techs are going to be cheap  :wink: )

@ Ashkayel: It’s an interesting game we’re playing, I’m not sure who’s on the winning side now…

Honestly, I almost never use tech.  I was only including it if you wanted it. :P

• @Cmdr:

Honestly, I almost never use tech.  I was only including it if you wanted it. :P

Me neither, but if it were that cheap, I would seriously consider heavy bombers for the axis. I suggest we take the tech rules from from the link I gave, and let’s both just almost never use it. Ow yeah, heavy bombers just makes sbr 4-5 instead of 3-4, all right? Let’s start the challenge then  :evil:

(for the record: sbr=3-4, AA takes 2-3. AA rolls apart for ftr and bmr as in normal LL battles. sbr with hb=4-5. rest is as in http://www.daak.de/aarll/aarllregel.php?sprache=e)

How about we just make tech the same as LHTR.  You buy x number of dice and if you get the target number, you win.  If it costs you 400 IPC oh well.  if it costs you 5 IPC oh well.

• Hmm, oh well, allright. It’s not LL, but it’s no big deal either.

@HolKann:

Hmm, oh well, allright. It’s not LL, but it’s no big deal either.

Yea, but you said you don’t normally use tech and I said I don’t normally use tech, so odds are, neither of us will need it and if we do, it’s for the coups de’gras and ending the game.

If you wanna play at DAAK instead, set up a game.  It’s been like 7 years since I played (okay, that’s an exaggeration, but it’s been a long time; I’ve enlisted, gone through training, gone to Iraq, been blown up, gone through a medical discharge, and completed half a second degree and half a master’s degree since) at DAAK so just give me a run down on how it works.

Otherwise, set up a thread in the “Play Games” section here.

BTW, my User ID at DAAK is Jennifer. (Same as Flames of Europe and AAMC, btw.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m