• Today, here in Italy, it’s the “Liberation Day”. It’s the anniversary of the general partisan insurreption against German invaders and the end of the Liberation War (here called “Resistenza”, resistance), 25th April 1945.

Learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_resistance_movement

Today, here in Italy, political discussions and polemics caused by the memory of this civil war are not exhausted.

Excuse for my bad english, I think I made some error but I don’t know exactly…  :roll:

• '19 Moderator

A week from today is Cinco De Mayo, a day when we bar-b-que and drink mexican beer.  Preferably Pacifico Corona is Rat piss…

In reality, though few actualy care, May 5th 1862 is when the Mexicans kicked the ass out of the French.

• Personally, I like Dos Equis XX  :-D

• '19 Moderator

Dos Equis isn’t bad.

• yea– “stay thirsty my friend” what a load!

• @Sergente_nella_neve:

Today, here in Italy, it’s the “Liberation Day”. It’s the anniversary of the general partisan insurreption against German invaders and the end of the Liberation War (here called “Resistenza”, resistance), 25th April 1945.

Learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_resistance_movement

Today, here in Italy, political discussions and polemics caused by the memory of this civil war are not exhausted.

Excuse for my bad english, I think I made some error but I don’t know exactly…  :roll:

Would you like it fixed?

• I never heard that.  I just call that day “my birthday.”  :mrgreen:

• Concerning Mexican beer - Negra Modelo rules.

But XX isn’t bad either.

Rat piss = Cerveza Sol, with Superior following suit.

• @dezrtfish:

A week from today is Cinco De Mayo, a day when we bar-b-que and drink mexican beer.  Preferably Pacifico Corona is Rat piss…

In reality, though few actualy care, May 5th 1862 is when the Mexicans kicked the a** out of the French.

who hasn’t? i mean im not sure but France is probably the only country who has the “honour” of saying they got there ass kicked by mexico.  :lol:

Segente nella used the word polemic. I just learned the word a few weeks ago.  so your english is not that bad if you can use words like polemic.  or maybe i’m just a stupid american.

• @Complex:

Concerning Mexican beer - Negra Modelo rules.

But XX isn’t bad either.

Rat piss = Cerveza Sol, with Superior following suit.

Negra Modelo is one of my favorites, and I’m pretty fond of Especial as well.

Corona I’m sure is worse than the rat piss you say.  It’s bad to begin with, then they put it in clear bottles.  And people drink it because the skunkiness reminds them of weed…

Or they put a lime in it to seem sophisticated when really that’s the only way to make it worth drinking.  :lol:

• The lime-stuffers only display their total cluelessness concerning beer culture. No Mexican would be as crazy to stuff the lime into the beer. The fruit is served alongside the bottle, because in Mexican climate the crown cap tends to oxydize. So actually it’s used to clean the rim of the bottleneck before drinking.

Greetings
    Complex, enjoying a glass of König Ludwig Dunkel from Bavaria at the moment

PS: Perhaps we could open a thread for beer-discussions. At least, the thread shoudn’t be closed for getting too political :)

• '19 Moderator

I woul dnever close a thread for beer discussion.

@Complex:

The lime-stuffers only display their total cluelessness concerning beer culture. No Mexican would be as crazy to stuff the lime into the beer. The fruit is served alongside the bottle, because in Mexican climate the crown cap tends to oxydize. So actually it’s used to clean the rim of the bottleneck before drinking.

LOL, I was going to mention that, in Mexico on the beach when you open a beer the rim is rusty, I always assumed it’s because of the salt in the air, so you “clean” it with the lime, some people put it in the bottle after, but that kind of defeats the purpose.  When I’m on the beach there is generaly a pile of used limes at my side…

• Modelo Especiale… good stuff
    not to bad in the can, of course then poured into a pint glass.

• @Complex:

PS: Perhaps we could open a thread for beer-discussions. At least, the thread shoudn’t be closed for getting too political :)

We could dig up the old one or start a new one.  Anyone that would close that thread should be tried for crimes against humanity.

• '19 Moderator

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m