• I was looking on the main website, and there’s sections for the strategy of the other Axis and Allies…but not for the classic?  It seems odd to me, so I would assume I’m missing it somehow, but where?  If there isn’t a section for classic A&A strategy, where can I find that kind of information?

• we have 46 pages of threads for MB AA. just search these files. Your in the right section to start.

• If you read it all, please don’t come with any new ideas like, an IC on J1 really rocks, or lets go navy with Germany, or Axis are way stronger than the Allies…

• OK Ill start:

Russia buys:

either

3 tanks / 3 men

or 8 infantry

combat moves:

Choice 1: attack German fleet in Baltic with 2 fighters and 1 sub and 1 tranny
    Choice 2: attack Norway with all tanks, 2 fighters,2 infantry
    Choice 3: attack Manchuria with fighter, 5 inf, 1 arm

Non-combat:

Everything in range to Karelia ( note: you must have a total of 19 or more total pieces and at least one fighter)
    I prefer 20 total pieces to be safe.

Other ideas:
    keep tranny off kariella and dump 1-2 in Morroco on R2
    Shuck 2 men to eastern china and 1 fighter in moscow, plus 2 tanks in moscow to retake west china
    shuck 2 men to persia and a few tanks in Caucasus, so they can go south ot hit EE.
    If you buy the 3/3 move and the Germans maintain less than 17 total units in EE, then on R2 you sent 6 tanks, 2 fighters and like 15 men to hit EE . This is possible in the event Germany loses 2 fighters and very good move if they lose three fighters on G1.

Place all 8 inf in kariella…

now you post German move G1

• My preferred:

Russia buys 8 inf

Combat:

NEVER attack Manchuria (you will loose your east front to fast)

1. attack german fleet in baltic with a trn and a fighter
    2. attck german sub in west spain sz with your sub
    3. attack ukraine with 8 inf, 3 arm, 1 fighter (retreat in karelia if more thean 3 losses)

Non Combat:

All to karelia

The rest in Yakut (or 1 arm to Evenky)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I dunno, I kinda like the Kwang-bang strategy.

Russia hits Manchuria, England hits Kwangtung, America hits French Indo-China Burma

• America hits French Indo-China Burma

how is this possible on turn 1?

I like the Kwangtung option too,but if i do that by turn 2 i allocate at least 2 soviet infantry to go into novo and keep 1-2 tanks in moscow so i can retake eastern china or to stock up in eastern china.

also:

attack Ukraine with 8 inf, 3 arm, 1 fighter (retreat in karelia if more thean 3 losses)

I think attacking Finland with 3 tanks and 1 fighter and 2 infantry… the rest in Karelia  if you do that pile up in Ukraine, Germany can destroy karelia easily. How do you counter it?

1. attack german fleet in baltic with a trn and a fighter

yes this is good because the sub cant submerge. I also like the sub against sub idea, but it can backfire bigtime, so if you will and no result i may just retreat to protect the UK BB

• @Imperious:

America hits French Indo-China Burma

also:

attack Ukraine with 8 inf, 3 arm, 1 fighter (retreat in karelia if more thean 3 losses)

I think attacking Finland with 3 tanks and 1 fighter and 2 infantry… the rest in Karelia  if you do that pile up in Ukraine, Germany can destroy karelia easily. How do you counter it?

Not so easy if germ go to Karelia and you have 5-6 inf and 3 arm in Ukraine you still have a very good counter. Finland is too risky on first turn in my opinion.

For ukraine I usually retreat in karelia after the first roll.

• OK new Soviet moves:

buy 8 infantry

Attack German sub with your sub

Attack Baltic fleet with 1 fighter, 1 transport

Attack Finland with 1 fighter, 3 tanks, 2 infantry and take it w/o losing more than one tank

Pile 2 planes and 17 men in karelia, one man in caucasus

move a man out of Soviet far east and get tank to novo and 2 men in novo from east

by turn 2 you need to hold Caucasus so British can land fighters and bomber and finish off German fleet.

Their is another variation where you take out the British fleet a turn early, by leaving 2 men in caucasus, but you now can only attack finland with 1 infantry fodder

• '19 Moderator

Off the top of my head, it’s been a few years :wink:
    Round 1

Russia
    Buy 8Inf

Attack Baltic Fleet with Sub transport and fighters

Move all from Russia to Karelia, all but 1Inf from Caucasus to Karelia

Leave 1 Inf In soviet far east stack Novo with all inf that can reach + 1 Armor.

Place all in Karelia

Germany
    Build Infantry

Send any remaining ships plus all air that can reach to kill brit fleet.

If possible use bomber to kill Canadian transport.

Take Egypt and if feeling ballzy take Transjordan with 2Inf and BB in Seurope.

Move everything in Europe east, leave the 2 infantry in france.

Place 2 Inf in SEurope, the rest in Ger.

UK

Option 1
    Purchase 1 AC and 1 Transport

Option 2
    Purchase 1 IC and save

Fly fighters to Karelia

Bomb Germany

If option 1 place AC and wait for US fighters
    If Option 2 Place IC in India (reinforce from Australia earlier)

Japan

Buy 2 Transports and 3 Infantry

If UK built AC take just enough to kill the ships in Hawaii

If no Brit AC hit Pearl heavy
    Start pulling infantry from Islands to Kwang and Manchuria

Take Soviet far east Lightly in hope of drawing russains out.

If UK builds IC in India push heavy into French indo China

Kill US fighter in China

Place all in Japan, because there’s no where else to put it.

USA

Buy transports and infantry

If UK built AC move troops from East US to UK, move 2 fighters EUS, WUS to AC

If UK Built IC invade Africa and counter pearl if Japan took it light.  3ftrs, 1 bmb 1bb etc.

Start moving troops to East Canada to Set up Shuck, if you don’t know the shuck do a search.

Move all remaining Pacific ship toward Panama, use transport to screen BB if your worried.

Place builds in east US

Yawn

• For Germany:

I expect Finland to fall, so i got just 4 fighters…

I buy a transport and 8 men

I attack the a lone British BB with Bomber and 2 fighters
    I attack the Labrador tranny with a fighter
    I attack the Medd BB with BB, Transport and my last fighter. I land in Gibratar, so UK wont send a tranny, 2 fighters, and 1 bomber to sink my fleet.

I blitz the tank back and forth and send the Algeria man to lybia. I dont attack Egypt.

I move everything in range back to EE, and a bomber and fighter in LYbia, AA to EE,

place Transport in central medd

Place 2 infantry in SE,
    Place 6 inf in Germany

If i get to keep my 5th fighter, and or a ship ( sub), then i leave vibrador alone and attack:

sub bomber fighter on uk medd BB

my BB and tranny stay in central medd…drop off 2 men in lybia, with a bomber and fighter from western medd battle

4 fighters on uk BB in N sea

send 2 men against 1 man in Caucasus, retreat if i lose a man.

On turn 2 attack Egypt, land 4 infantry, and invade sryia, take out UK Indian ocean transport

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Imperious:

America hits French Indo-China Burma

how is this possible on turn 1?

I like the Kwangtung option too,but if i do that by turn 2 i allocate at least 2 soviet infantry to go into novo and keep 1-2 tanks in moscow so i can retake eastern china or to stock up in eastern china.

2 Infantry, Fighter from China
    2 Infantry from Sinkiang

Total attacking force: 4 Infantry, Fighter
    Total defending force: 2 Infantry and a Fighter, depending what Japan did.

Anyway, with Manchuria and Kwangtung down, odds are, you are not going to be having too many issues taking FIC away, even if Japan liberates something.

• yes but japan moves first.

as japan my standard move is:

bomber fighter and one man against east china

5 men and 2 fighters on east china

I hit US fleet with 2bb, 1 cv, 1 ss, 1 fighter, land 2 inf and attack Hawaii with 1 fighter. That protects my fleet from allied counterattack.

On turn two i take Australia, then take India on turn three.

But i know you attack Manchuria on turn 1, so my plan would be to then invade manchuria with 2 inf, hold manchuria with 2 men… attacking Manchuria with 4 infantry, 1 bomber, and 3 planes potentially. If i can i will leave one man in kwangtung

Park the 2 men in FIC with 3 fighters.

Bomber back in japan in case Americans hit Hawaii or to attack Soviets or FIC or alaska.

As i said on turn 2 i take out Australia, but i also send something either to Alaska or to Russia to keep the Americans focused on me while i am strong and deny Germany harm. Alaska is more like a psychological move. I dont see that its a good military move, but it just diverts more than it costs me.

• Kwangtung can be done by the UK on UK1.

But FIC by the US is NOT going to happen, unless Japan effectively surrenders…

• Ok lets say Soviets get Manchuria ( they lose like 3 men)

Uk Takes out Kwangtung land fighter in Manchuria

Uk takes kwangtung with one man left

Japan now must go all out on this and ignore hawaii.

they have 4 fighters , 2 BB, can land 4 infantry, and has a bomber and sub. to use. Plus they have 2 men in FIC

builds: 1 transport, 5 men

Attacks:

Kwangtung: move 2 infantry to Kwangtung from FIC use one fighter

Manchuria: Land 4 men with 2 tranny and one BB (sb) and 1 bomber, 1 fighter and carrier. Pickup men from wake,okinawa, and phillipines

UK transport off Kwangtung: use one fighter

Attack Hawaii with 1 BB, 1 Bomber, 1 fighter, 1 SS

land fighters on carrier or japan.

follow up with 2 transport builds and rest infantry.

targets are Sov far east, FIC, China plus preparation to either Aus or India.

• '19 Moderator

The reason I like to take Egy and TransJ on turn 1 is for the awesome German vs India attack on g2

Eastern China is doomed before they can attack FIC

I think attacking Japan removes thier handicap, japan lacks mobility, when you attack them you bring the fight to them like ILs example.  You also give Germany breathing room.

• Zzzzz why are we discussing 2nd ed no bid games?

For the last time optimal R1 turn:
    Buy 8 inf

1. Sub vs sub in Spain sz.
    2. 1 fig and tran vs Baltic sub and tran.
    3. 8 inf (5 cau and 3 kar), 3 tanks strafe ukr. (optimal is to leave ger with 1 fig)
    4. Attack Manch with 5 inf, 1 arm and 1 fig.
      Place 8 inf on Kar, move mos units to Kar.

To accomplish what?

1. EEU is a deathtrap
    2. Slow Japan
    3. Germany is down for the count
    4. Game is over in 3-4 turns

• @dezrtfish:

Russia
    Buy 8Inf

Attack Baltic Fleet with Sub transport and fighters

Move all from Russia to Karelia, all but 1Inf from Caucasus to Karelia

Leave 1 Inf In soviet far east stack Novo with all inf that can reach + 1 Armor.

Place all in Karelia

Why only attack the navy?

@dezrtfish:

Germany
    Build Infantry

Send any remaining ships plus all air that can reach to kill brit fleet.

If possible use bomber to kill Canadian transport.

Take Egypt and if feeling ballzy take Transjordan with 2Inf and BB in Seurope.

Move everything in Europe east, leave the 2 infantry in france.

Place 2 Inf in SEurope, the rest in Ger.

1. Fig from France can reach Can tran, so why waste a bomber?
    2. Just go fo Egypt with 4 inf and 1 tank

@dezrtfish:

UK

Option 1
    Purchase 1 AC and 1 Transport

Option 2
    Purchase 1 IC and save

Fly fighters to Karelia

Bomb Germany

If option 1 place AC and wait for US fighters
    If Option 2 Place IC in India (reinforce from Australia earlier)

1. Option 1 is better than option 2. IC in India is just stretching the game…
    2. Get Africa back. If you have to sacrifice your bomber so be it!
    3. Optional imo is the kwangbang, but Dert didn’t mention Russia attacking manch.
    4. Get a fig and save rest is my preferred buy to get a better naval buy on UK2.

@dezrtfish:

Japan

Buy 2 Transports and 3 Infantry

If UK built AC take just enough to kill the ships in Hawaii

If no Brit AC hit Pearl heavy
    Start pulling infantry from Islands to Kwang and Manchuria

Take Soviet far east Lightly in hope of drawing russains out.

If UK builds IC in India push heavy into French indo China

Kill US fighter in China

Place all in Japan, because there’s no where else to put it.

Just go heavy after the US fleet in Hawaii. Get inf from islands and take China heavy! If Russia and UK took Manch and Kwangtung its kinda over already…

@dezrtfish:

USA

Buy transports and infantry

If UK built AC move troops from East US to UK, move 2 fighters EUS, WUS to AC

If UK Built IC invade Africa and counter pearl if Japan took it light.  3ftrs, 1 bmb 1bb etc.

Start moving troops to East Canada to Set up Shuck, if you don’t know the shuck do a search.

Move all remaining Pacific ship toward Panama, use transport to screen BB if your worried.

Place builds in east US

I am more of a favorite of going all inf build and maybe a fig on US1. Why? It easier for your shuck shuck… You walk inf to Can and only need 4 trans!

2nd ed without a bid is not really fair… We all agreed on that I think…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m