• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I was thinking generation of 4d6 take the best 3.

From there you can drop two points from one attribute and add one point to another attribute.  Since the site has an in-house dicey it should be easy enough to verify results.

Switch, in 3rd edition, if you were unaware and I’m not saying you were but just in case, clerics can drop any spell they have prayed for instantly and swap it for a healing spell.  Which I think is TOTALLY awesome!

Also, my PERSONAL in house rule is that clerics can use any weapons that is justifiable based on the faith.  You worship the god of the seas, you can have a trident.  You worship goddess of the hunt, then you can take a bow.  Etc.

BTW, my pantheon are the major deities of Greece, but I’ll allow some of the lesser ones on a case by case basis.

BTW, the start level I am considering is going to be L3 or L5, I need to roll up some of the monsters before I determine it in concrete.

I’d LIKE to start on June First (my finals were pushed into mid-may because of retard boy shooting up my campus on Valentine’s Day, otherwise I’d go earlier.)

• I’m out.  Powered ability score rules, free cleric abilities (you need to take the War domain for an appropriate god to have the appropriate weapon) . . . and Grecian gods just don’t go too well with wizards.

Powered abilities?

3d6 are going to average around 8-14, if I remember correctly.  Making it 4d6 best three should give you 1X 17, 2X 15 and the rest between 10-14.  If you drop two off one and add one to another, you’ll run out of points fast.

As for Wizards, I don’t care what deity they worship. :P

And I hope you are not referring to Clerical Spontaneous Casting as a free ability, it’s written into the Ver 3 rules.  I was just bring attention to it in case you guys were unaware.

As for weapons, I find it silly that you can worship the God of the Sea but you have to use a hammer.  Hammers don’t really work too well in the water!  Likewise, if you worship the god of the hunt, what are you doing with a hammer?  You should have a bow and a dagger. (Likewise limited to leather armor and no platemail.  Hard to hunt in plate.)

• I got the original AD&D books in hardcover.  Players Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Masters Guide, and Deities and Demigods; along with the Fiend Folio, Monster Manual II and the Wilderness Survival Guide.  I have a few other books published by others about Alchemy and stuff, but I don’t have anything else.  What are you guys talking about?  Ver 2.0?  Ver 3.5??  Ver 4.0???!  I’m afraid to show my kids this stuff.  The books are already well worn and I don’t think they could withstand another generation of this much love.

I was/am aiming at version 3.5 myself.  Second Edition is my favorite, but there’s a big push to retire it so who am I to stay in the way?

• First Edition…  THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!

May Gary Gygax rest in peace…

• LOL!!!

AD&D ! I used to play and run that years ago !

First edition was okay in its day, but ‘Feats’ RULE!!, 3rd edition all the way… (I’m not hearing a lot of good comments about 4.0 apparently its just being made to make money for wizards, they’ll stop making stuff for 3.5 , forcing gamers to shell out hundreds of pounds for new books, and its all apparently geared towards getting people to use the minatures… AD&D is now a business more than ever… not much room for roleplayers in it anymore ! :cry:)

…sure the system falls apart at about 15th lvl+ and ‘Epic’ is completely unplayable, but at low to mid level its a lot of fun and your characters get tons of options., I could never go back to playing first… no way.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m