• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’ve talked with Djensen and he was okay with the idea, so, here’s the deal:

If there are enough people interested, I’d be willing to set up a play by forum AD&D Campaign.  Probably in Ver 3.5 unless there’s a major push for 2.0.

If there is not enough interested, then that’s cool too.  Ya’all know me, I’m pretty laid back and easy going. :)

• Sorry, I am an FTF 1st edition AD&D (with 2nd ed non-weapon added) player only.

• '19 Moderator

I’m not even sure what language you guys are talking :-D

• Its been a long time since I have been anywhere near AD&D, I had no idea you could play online, I’ve googled, but not found the answer, can anyone explain how? (Unless I’m thinking of the minitures battle games, which I can fathom out myself).

• The only PC version of AD&D that I ever found to be worthwhile where the Black Isle games  Icewind Dale and Baldur’s Gate.  But alas, once played through once, they are no longer of interest (kind of like Myst… once you finish, there is no longer a point to playing again)

• Founder TripleA Admin

Neverwinter Nights (by the same folks that did those other games) let you DM and create your own modules. It was always had to get an adventure party together tho.

• Founder TripleA Admin

3.5? Why not 4.0?

@djensen:

3.5? Why not 4.0?

Well, boss, cause I don’t have the 4.0 books. :P  I’d be willing to incorporate rules from other sets, provided they mesh with the rules I have and don’t create power characters, etc.

I’m actually a very open GM, however, Bestow Curse will NEVER be allowed as an enchantment with permanency on it. :P  I’ve seen DMs burned by that before!

• You guys got to be kidding. :|

@stuka:

You guys got to be kidding. :|

Why?  It’d be good to have a game going in memoriam of the founder!

• I’m waiting for D&D 4.0 to be released.  June 6th, yeah.

We could do 3.5 in the meantime though.

Would we just be using rules from the core rulebooks and the online errata?  It would make things easier to keep track of, and new players could check out the online rules for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 at:

http://www.d20srd.org/

The site doesn’t have ALL the nice pictures and descriptions and explanations that the real books have, but a willing and able player should be able to figure it out.

Guess we’d need a fighter-class, a rogue-class, a wizard-class, and a cleric-class, plus maybe two other assorted players and a DM.

I can fill in any of the roles except DM (too much work).

• '19 Moderator

I actualy played Neverwinter nights On my last deployment, until we all got bored and went back to Delta Force:BHD  :-)

• '11

So, is anyone going to play? I personally prefer 3.5 over earlier editions. As 3.5 was not so confusing on some issues, such as thaco and negative armor class. Who the hell came up with the lower your armor class, the better. Anyways, 4.0 should be pretty good. In the meantime I’m up for playing if anyone is going to.

If I can get 3-5 players I’m game to run it.  As I said, my books are 3.5, and I have the 2.0 books, but some new players may get confused with THAC0 and Proficiencies, so it may be better to just stick with 3.5. (Though if there is a “kit” (like Noble Warrior, Elven Pirate, etc) you want I can help convert it to 3.5.)

• '11

I’m in for playing a fighter. Unless of course it’s taken, then I’ll stick with the rogue. I would stick with 3.5, as it is generally easier for most people. Thaco can be a nightmare for newbies.

There’s no limit in my groups.  Everyone can be a fighter, or everyone can be something different, or everyone can be clerics, or whatever.  I recommend different classes, I think it makes the tasks easier, but I’m not going to dictate who can be what and who has to be what. :)

I’m benevolent, honest!

• '11

I’m going to take the high road with choosing a class and go with the ever rage fueled barbarian. Everybody loves him when he goes berserk, just an all around charismatic guy. With the excpetion of a torso sundering battle axe, hee, hee.  :evil:

• Man, tell me you’re not going for a barbarian with a high Charisma . . .

Are we gonna use point buy to generate characters, or roll?

Guess I’ll play a wizard.  pew pew blam blam.

• First Edition Cleric…

Armor, Weapons, Spells, and HEALING…

• '11

No need to worry, he’ll only be charismatic when he’s cleaving through ranks of his enemies. After the bloody battle, he’ll be back to his sullen, beer swilling self.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m