• FYI I’m Canadian. Your country is so successful because it exploits my country

• @mjcarney2:

FYI I’m Canadian. Your country is so successful because it exploits my country

I’m also Canadian and i don’t buy this.
    We have a symbiotic relationship. It’s not perfect, however no relationship is. I would suggest that there are many business people (in Winnipeg at least) who would consider that they are exploiting the U.S.
    We have natural resources that Americans pay for - are we being exploited for the resources, or USies because we have resources and they do not?
    And there is STILL a massive trade imbalance with us exporting more to the US than they export to us - are they leaching off of our exports? Or are we leaching money off their economy?
    Really, if i were an American i would laugh at this statement.

• @Yanny:

Our nation was created by competition and without change, will eventually be destroyed by competition. Its a natural balance.

What’s better than what we have already?

• @Deviant:Scripter:

What’s better than what we have already?

:) …. seems like we have someone here who opposes progress, change by not admitting that improvements can be made :)…

• A moderate economy will always be better than a Free Market or Command Market economy. The Government should own some businesses (Like for example the Energy business), so it can get additional revenue while providing more services to it’s citizens.

For example, how much money would we save if the Government made it’s own fighters instead of buying them from Boeing? That money can go toward lower taxes or more services.

• @Yanny:

A moderate economy will always be better than a Free Market or Command Market economy. The Government should own some businesses (Like for example the Energy business), so it can get additional revenue while providing more services to it’s citizens.

For example, how much money would we save if the Government made it’s own fighters instead of buying them from Boeing? That money can go toward lower taxes or more services.

careful.
    The government is a notoriously inefficient producer of goods and services. They do not have to compete with anyone for contracts and they are too made up of VERY unionized employees. Also they still need to purchase the raw materials which they do NOT make. As someone who is continually soliciting contracts for goods and services, this is a tricky business as well, but especially for government because of their position as a non-corporate buyer.
    I’m not saying you’re wrong, however the Canadian experience where much is publically owned and managed shows that both the privatization and government ownership of corporations (called “Crown Corporations” here) is a tricky business.

• Founder TripleA Admin

It looks like this thread is seriously off topic now. Maybe it should be moved to a new category? :)

• Might as well Lock it. The Message still stands, we need people to submit strategies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m