• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have no idea who did what to my account, but this is getting nuts.  I can no longer view or change my profile, I cannot access my private messenger box, I cannot upload maps for games I am active in (making the job on my opponents much harder now because they have to fix their maps and hope they got it correct) and the minor nuisance of not being able to buff my friends with some good karma every so often.

Djensen (or Yanny) could you look into fixing this?  I’d PM you to keep it off the public forums, but as I said, I cannot view your profiles to get your email addresses nor can I PM because I have no access to anything but posting and responding.

Hell, I cannot even turn off the polls I’ve started, not that I want too, but someone flipped a switch somewhere that screwed up my access.  Maybe you meant to turn off a switch to stop me from posting in GD or something, dunno why you would, but it’s been done before.  And in the process, you turned off the wrong switch?

Your problem has been noted in the Mod forum.

I’m not aware of any disciplinary action against you.

Is anyone else having issues with their account, either viewing PMs, maps, or any other board functions?

• @Cmdr:

Hell, I cannot even turn off the polls I’ve started, not that I want too, but someone flipped a switch somewhere that screwed up my access.  Maybe you meant to turn off a switch to stop me from posting in GD or something, dunno why you would, but it’s been done before.  And in the process, you turned off the wrong switch?

PUN

• '19 Moderator

@stuka:

@Cmdr:

PUN

I was doing my best to pretend I didn’t notice…

@dezrtfish:

@stuka:

@Cmdr:

PUN

I was doing my best to pretend I didn’t notice…

And after I went through all the effort to put it in there. :P  (j/k, it just slipped in.)

• The site was not previously configured to have Disciplinary Group ban GD access, only PD access.

A recent issue arose and a request for a 1-week GD ban was made for Jen.  That band was confirmed and was implemented by a Site Admin, but they had to make changes to the settings for it to effect GD instead of the old PD.

Apparently, the Admin “missed” the corrections and Jen is as a result blocked from areas other than the intended GD during her 1 week ban from GD.

Yanny was notified of the error by direct e-mail this morning.

Interesting.  I won’t get into it much, but none of the other admins mentioned any chatter about any bans.  It would be nice if the site admins would at least talk to the person who is supposed to be banned and get the other side of the story, but they’ve never done that before.

• The incident was referenced, the site Admin was contacted by direct e-mail, and they reviewed the thread and acted.

The fact that the site was not geared to deal with these issues in GD but only in the old PD indicates just how frustrated and unexpected these issues were in the GD forum.

The site Admins have absolutely NO tolerance for these types of issues in the remaining forums.  They were somewhat tolerant in the old PD while the rest of us Mods handled the minor issues.  But Yanny and DJensen are simply unwilling to deal with these issues in the remaining forums.

Be happy that I only requested a 1 week ban, otherwise it likely would have been permanent.

The active Mods have been VERY lenient and forgiving in GD the past several months.  Had ANY of us been enforcing policy strictly, there would be about a half dozen IP bans from the forums…

Please bear that thought in mind the next time you think the Mods are being too harsh…  the Site Owner and Site Admin have repeatedly expressed ZERO TOLERANCE.

• Thank your for the private flame Jen.  I really enjoyed just reading that in my e-mail.

In case you are not aware of it, NONE of the Mods can do a damn thing with bans, changing settings, or anything else.

The problem you are facing is a CODING ERROR brought about by the requirement of the admins to change the coding of the site to allow for GD Banning.  We were never set up for that, only for PD banning.

The reason you have a problem with your account is that you repeatedly, after being warned, continued to post flame bait in the General Discussion area.  That you posted flame bait was confirmed upon review by a Site Admin and they attempted to change the settings to have your current “disciplinary group” status ban you from posting in GD for a week.

But we are sorry, when the site was set up 6 years ago, no one ever planned on having to deal with that type of BS in the General Discussion forum.  And when the Admins attempted to change the coding last night, they apparently did not get it completely right on the first attempt.

The only reason you are having a problem is that you:
    1.  Flame Baited in GD
    2.  Repeated the flame bait after being told by a Site Mod to stop
    3.  Argued with a site mod on a public thread about their warning to you for flame bait posts in violation of forum rules.

3 strikes, you got a 1 week ban.  Sorry that you did so in a place that no one ever thought it would be an issue… and that in an effort to adjust THE ENTIRE FREAKING WEBSITE to account for YOUR violations the coding was not done properly the first time in order to take limited action against you as originally intended.

Perhaps, in the future, if you avoid flame bait posts, or if you listen when you are warned about continuing down a certain path of flame/flame bait posts… then perhaps you need not worry about your account problems in the future.

And this thread is LOCKED.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m