• @Nukchebi0:

I just used TripleA and set up each of the situations. It follows the rules perfectly, with the exception of flying fighters above a sea zone to land on a new carrier.

Yeah, I noticed that too. When you use the LHTR game XML file the game will put up a dialog box asking if you want to end the movement with the fighter or keep moving. The dialog does inform you if you have a carrier purchase coming so it would appear this feature has been partially but not fully implemented. This may be fixed in the next release which is due out soon. ~ZP

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have to be honest, TripleA has not been my favorite format to use to play.  Perhaps if they iron out some of the errors and get it to play nice with my laptop, and I’ll drop MapView for TripleA if they ever get national advantages incorporated!

Until then, honestly, I prefer Battlemap.  Simple, quick, easy to learn, shows almost the entire board (or the entire board if you have a widescreen monitor) nice.

• @Cmdr:

I have to be honest, TripleA has not been my favorite format to use to play.  Perhaps if they iron out some of the errors and get it to play nice with my laptop, and I’ll drop MapView for TripleA if they ever get national advantages incorporated!

Until then, honestly, I prefer Battlemap.  Simple, quick, easy to learn, shows almost the entire board (or the entire board if you have a widescreen monitor) nice.

Yes, I do to, but TripleA has rule enforcement.

@Zero:

@Nukchebi0:

I just used TripleA and set up each of the situations. It follows the rules perfectly, with the exception of flying fighters above a sea zone to land on a new carrier.

Yeah, I noticed that too. When you use the LHTR game XML file the game will put up a dialog box asking if you want to end the movement with the fighter or keep moving. The dialog does inform you if you have a carrier purchase coming so it would appear this feature has been partially but not fully implemented. This may be fixed in the next release which is due out soon. ~ZP

Can they improve the AI as well?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I believe the problem with improving the AI is programming skill AND program size.

And there is rule enforcement in Battlemap.  Your opponent enforces the rules!  Just like in F2F games, no? wink

• @Nukchebi0:

Can they improve the AI as well?

As I posted in another thread, the task of creating an AI that rivals a human player is an extremely tall order. Coders who are capable of the task and are willing to do it for free in support of an open source project appear to be invisibly rare. The Triplea development team is well aware of the lack of a robust AI. This is by far the single most requested feature improvement. ~ZP

• Anything over what we have now is nice, no matter how small. However, just make sure to differentiate (i.e. have two levels) between the fixed AI and the standard one now, since it is perfect for beginners.

• Please take further AI discussions to the software thread.

• Okay.

• @Trusty:

Morning pro’s.

Good morning sunshine.

I have a couple of questions about AA guns in AandA Revised.

Can they fire rockets and then be moved in the non combat phase?

No.

Can an enemy force capture them and then move them behind their lines on their noncombat phase?

Not in the same turn.  If an enemy captures your AA gun, think of it like the AA gun “participated in combat” whether or not there were fighters involved.  So the AA gun can’t move.

Also a q about transports. Can a TRN move two zones and on that go ferry across land units between territories it finds itself simultaneously adjacent to? (eg Japan to mainland Asia) -either as a combat or non combat move

Yes, a transport can even move a space, pick up a unit, move another space, pick up another unit, then unload.  (Or the transport could pick up a unit, then move two squares and pick up another unit then unload).  The transport can pick up at any time during its move IF there are no enemy units in the same sea zone the transport is in.  (Exception is submerged subs; if you attack a sub with a fighter, say, and the sub survives and submerges, you can move through that sea zone during noncombat and pick up and/or drop off units).

Note that when you unload a transport, you can only unload to ONE territory, and unloading ends the move for both the transport and any unloaded units.  (After unloading, even if your transport would have movement left, it can no longer move).

Thanks.

TS

YW.

BPW (bunnies p wrath)

• Thankyou team. Most helpful.

Trusty

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m