• Anyone been?  What’s there to do?  May be going in July and need some ideas, kid friendly if possible (although there will be times I will be free!).

I’m open to pretty much anything.

• '19 Moderator

I’ve been there, It was only for a day so I don’t have much advice, you can get absinthe there, just throwing that out…

• Thanks, DF.  Might have to try it out, I’ve made it a few times.  Tasted like ass, but it worked.  :lol:

• i worked in the ER at the Vancouver General for a month.  If you are Asian - be careful where you go at night.

The walk around English bay and the Park are lovely.  A ferry ride to the Sunshine coast and a drive from Gibson up to the end of the road would be lovely.  One might see the beach from White Rock, but i wouldn’t recommend it.  They have a lovely symphony with an excellent conductor.  Mind you - i was staying with the woman of my dreams - at the time - and did not do too much sight-seeing . . . .

• Thanks CC.  Where ya been?

And do I look Asian to you? lol

• @Jermofoot:

Thanks CC.  Where ya been?

married,
    working at my clinic 3 shifts/week, the personal care home .5-1 shifts/week, the ER 3-5 shifts/week, 4 weekends/year in a small town working, also married with a step-son.

And do I look Asian to you? lol

naaa - just pointing out that Vancouver is not the SAFEST city in the nation.

• 2007 AAR League

You should hit Stanley Park, and there’s some kind of market at the docks, forget what it’s called, but that’s cool too.

• 2007 AAR League

Oh and the Lower East Side is notorious for prostitutes and drug addicts. I rode the bus through there once and saw this woman spazzing out on the bus bench as we drove by. Clearly high, clearly ugly, and clearly not wearing any underpants. Not a highpoint of the tour. So that would be the un-kid-friendly part.

• @frood:

So that would be the un-kid-friendly part.

Un-kid?  Is that like some zombie child?  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m