Former pastor Jeremiah Wright and Obama the Grey

• I am sure you have all had plenty of time to hear his long-time former pastor’s anti-American rants on YouTube.

From the speech, Obama talked about racial issues for blacks and whites.

His delivery sounds genuine enough.
    His grandma is white.

He is 50% black and 50% white with an African-American (I personnally hate the hyphenated American lingo) wife and kids who attend a black community church.

50% white  + 50% black = Grey

• I think it was genuine as well… however, it is a crappy deal that he would have to devote an entire speech over the words of ONE person (I don’t count that other woman with the black remark)… it gives a striking picture of how “swaying” the American people can be. We as a whole can truly be suckers as in highschool when somebody feels like stirring up a hornet’s nest of crap.

Almost every politician, it seems has to bat down every little event in his/her pre-political life on order to keep a mob from gobbling him up. It’s sickening… but then again, it’s reality.

For me, I am more interested in his public record than I am interested in what some preacher has to say. What wasted time… for Obama… for everyone.

• Can you tell me what is anti-American about his rants?

And Obama’s speech was pretty good, but I agree, not necessary.

• '19 Moderator

The phrase “God Damn America” seems pretty anti American to me…

I don’t realy care though, personaly I don’t like Obama’s political positions, but I don’t care if he or his pastor thinks I’m a white devil  :evil:

• @dezrtfish:

The phrase “God Damn America” seems pretty anti American to me…

He’s obviously talking about the people that run it, not the country itself.

I don’t realy care though, personaly I don’t like Obama’s political positions, but I don’t care if he or his pastor thinks I’m a white devil  :evil:

Racism does go all ways, but I can understand where his anger is coming from.  I’m sure you don’t care what anyone thinks, lol.

• '19 Moderator

I care what my mom thinks… Wait… Nah I don’t care what she thinks either.

• 2007 AAR League

how do you get that he was talking about the people who run it.

put that along with obama’s wife being proud of her country for the first time in her life.

its basicaally i left tenant of life, hating america.  its all over on the left, are you blind.  so sure buddy, he’s talking about the gov’t.  even obama talks about the comments being made by a man who remembers racism and bigotry growing up.  that IS NOT the gov’t.  thats having a perverted image of america, and hating it.  nice try though.

beavfail.jpg

• 2007 AAR League

oh and his speech does let us know that he listened to years of this pastors rabid rants and didnt feel the need to stop going.  maybe b/c he also felt that way.  he was with farakhan too, that man is the super-racist.  but let me guess, its fine if they are black.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If you think he was ONLY talking about “the people” running America (which, btw are ALL US CITIZENS) then you obviously have NOT listened to his speeches but have taken the sound bytes and attempted to rationalize them in a way to make them pallet able to your own mind.

That’s fine.  But keep in mind that you are not actually learning what was said and why it was said, you are attempting to change what was said and why it was said to fit into your own view of how you want the world to be.

Anyway, yea, the guy’s a little off the deep end, and anyone who associates him or herself with such a man, for 20 years, of their own volition needs to be examined a little more closely then those who rightly distance themselves from these types of people.

HIV and AIDS were invented to genocide the blacks?  Really?  I thought the gays told me they were invented to kill off the gays!  Which is it?  (In actuality, it was not invented, it just moved from one species to another.  But why let silly things like facts get in the way of a perfectly good conspiracy???)

“God Damn America?”  Really?  If you hate it so much, leave.  This is a free country, you are free to leave it.

I mean, there’s 20 years of his speeches ranting and raving about how evil whitey is.  Then, to follow it up, Barrack Obama, instead of calling Jeremiah a racist (which he clearly is, based on 20 years of sermons on CD and DVD) he calls his own Grandmother a racist because she feels uncomfortable with a group of teenage black men behind her in a bad neighborhood.

Guess I’m racist too.  If being street smart and safe is racist anyway.  (For the record, I’m uncomfortable with Latino and Caucasian teenagers in groups behind me in bad neighborhoods as well.)

• @balungaloaf:

put that along with obama’s wife being proud of her country for the first time in her life.

You think both of those people are actually talking about trees, soil, water?  :lol:

its basicaally i left tenant of life, hating america.  its all over on the left, are you blind.  so sure buddy, he’s talking about the gov’t.  even obama talks about the comments being made by a man who remembers racism and bigotry growing up.  that IS NOT the gov’t.  thats having a perverted image of america, and hating it.  nice try though.

When you grow up in the 50’s or 60’s as a black man, maybe I’ll believe you.  You’re trying to tell me there was NO racism and it’s all peoples’ minds?  :lol:  You’re too much today, balung.  I agree he may be a bit extreme, but even the crazies make a point now and then.

@Jermofoot:

@balungaloaf:

You think both of those people are actually talking about trees, soil, water?  :lol:

When you grow up in the 50’s or 60’s as a black man, maybe I’ll believe you.  You’re trying to tell me there was NO racism and it’s all peoples’ minds?  :lol:  You’re too much today, balung.  I agree he may be a bit extreme, but even the crazies make a point now and then.

No, I believe he’s trying to tell you that the GOVERNMENT is not and has not been racist against BLACKs.  We can debate if America was racist against whites in the late 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s because some laws were repealed based on them being racist against Whites.

Also, I’m telling you that Jeremiah Wright’s claims that the government has attempted to genocide the black man, that the government deserves to be destroyed by the enemies of the government, etc, etc, etc are not what we’d expect the role model of a candidate to be President to be.

• My point was that racially, Obama was not completely black… Hence grey.

Churchwise, familywise, and culturally, he may be more black than the upbringing by his racist white grandma.  Obama himself said that he did not feel right getting raised by her since he knew she was insulting a part of him.

The media really plays up Obama’s blackness vs Hillary’s being a woman.

The Yahoo finance expert Robert Kyosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad) went on to include 2 of the Republicans too regarding election.

War hero vs Baptist Minister vs Black man vs Woman.

• 2007 AAR League

You think both of those people are actually talking about trees, soil, water?

???

No, Obama’s black now.  Genetically he may be a mullato.  But he classifies himself as black.  Hell, he won’t even admit he’s an American.  He does NOT recite the pledge of allegiance nor the national anthem; he does not even place his hand over his heart when the anthem is played; he will not wear a flag on his lapel.

And after Reverend Wright’s comments were aired, we found out why.

• @Cmdr:

But keep in mind that you are not actually learning what was said and why it was said, you are attempting to change what was said and why it was said to fit into your own view of how you want the world to be.

You definitely fell into this trap yourself with the current administration for the last eight years.

Come to think of it…. this phase could be plugged in for almost anything politically based.

@stuka:

@Cmdr:

But keep in mind that you are not actually learning what was said and why it was said, you are attempting to change what was said and why it was said to fit into your own view of how you want the world to be.

You definitely fell into this trap yourself with the current administration for the last eight years.

Come to think of it…. this phase could be plugged in for almost anything politically based.

You may interpret it that way.  I’ve long only supported the current president when it comes to Iraq and the defense of this nation.  His stance on domestic policies - which is identical to the same stance that makes up the platform of the democrat party - is definitely not my cup of tea, nor has it been.

I find myself having to support him though, because the people the DNC has selected to run against him in the past decade have been nothing but a bunch of kooks and crazies, to be perfectly frank.  And the RNC nomination of an older version of Bush Jr does not sit well with me either, if you want the God’s honest truth.

• I thought you just put your hand over your heart for the pledge.I 've always just taken my hat off whenever the Anthem is played.

• Hand over the heart is the civilian version of a salute to be rendered to the flag while the National Anthem is being played. IF wearing a hat remove it and place the hat over the heart.

• @Cmdr:

No, I believe he’s trying to tell you that the GOVERNMENT is not and has not been racist against BLACKs.  We can debate if America was racist against whites in the late 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s because some laws were repealed based on them being racist against Whites.

Also, I’m telling you that Jeremiah Wright’s claims that the government has attempted to genocide the black man, that the government deserves to be destroyed by the enemies of the government, etc, etc, etc are not what we’d expect the role model of a candidate to be President to be.

I think his AIDS claim is extreme, but if he said something about our stance on AIDS-related assistance, he might be making a better point.

However, for your first statement: slavery, poll taxes, grand father clauses, segregation, discrimination, lynchings, etc.

@Cmdr:

No, Obama’s black now.  Genetically he may be a mullato.  But he classifies himself as black.  Hell, he won’t even admit he’s an American.  He does NOT recite the pledge of allegiance nor the national anthem; he does not even place his hand over his heart when the anthem is played; he will not wear a flag on his lapel.

And after Reverend Wright’s comments were aired, we found out why.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

You are just perpetuating junk emails.

• I wouldn’t exactly say that snopes link is a slam dunk for your case there Jermofoot. So what if some misinformed mouthpiece thinks its out of date, the Flag Code hasn’t changed. What has changed is knowledge of such that used to be taught in school. Senator Obama appears to be around my age and should have learned proper respect for the flag and anthem in elementary school. As a candidate for Commander-in-Chief he should KNOW the proper action to take during the national anthem.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m