• Should aircrafts too have resilience, like the ships ?

A die roll of 1 to a ship is destruction, and a die roll of 2 is damage.

So a die roll of 1 to a plane is destruction, and on a die roll of 2 the aircraft abort its mission ?

If not, aircrafts are useless in this game, as they got shot down before they roll any dice

• In Battle of Midway, a few US fighters sank the Japanese carrier fleet.

In A&A Guad a few ships shot down everything in the air and since all planes now are crashed they cant shot back, how is that for a history lesson ?

• Official Q&A

Interesting idea.  I don’t think fighters are completely useless, but they do seem to be less powerful than they should be against ships.  I’ve been toying with the idea of having a separate attack phase for air-to-surface and surface-to-air fire.  Under this system, the Attack Air Units phase would be replaced with air-to-air combat, then air-to-sea combat.  This would allow fire between ships and planes to be simultaneous after air-to-air is resolved.  Attack Sea Units would then only involve sea units and artillery firing on sea units.  I haven’t fleshed this out completely yet, though.

• Good idea, now you tell this to Larry, he might implement it in Anniversary ed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m