• Not a lot of discussion for Guadalcanal so I thought I’d ask you guy what you like to purchase at the End of Round 1 with each country. I’m assuming you each have 22 IPC.

• AC and supply to deploy it from base card to board. Plus two additional supplies. As US.

AC and supply to deploy it from base card to board. And two or three supplies (I don’t remember how many Japan needs for a third airfield) as Japan.

And then a big what happened on round 1?

I have been getting at least 1 TRN, 1 INF, 1 RTL for each side as well. But a lot can depend on what the plan is and what I lost. Except for the ACs it has been highly situational. I also tend to spend the points to get the fast deployment supplies for any ships I buy.

Typical US is usually:
    AC, 4 supplies, 2 TRN, 1 INF; use 2 supplies to deploy AC with 2 FTR (already at base) and TRN with INF to board.

Sometimes only 1 TRN as I’ve brought one back from board on turn 1. Then AC, 4 supplies, 1 TRN 1 INF, 1 RTL (if my costs are correct.) AC is 9 right?

Don’t have enough games as Japan to have a typical but AC and TRN, 2 INF and 3 supplies min. is most to my taste at the moment.

• Frimmel: you should come up with a strategy guide for this like you did for Bulge. Your the expert in both as far as i can see.

• @TATCCITW:

I’m assuming you each have 22 IPC.

WTF ?

You got 5 points to start, and 2 points for each island you controll, so if you controll 3 islands you got 11 points to buy, unless you got a different rule-book than I

• @Imperious:

Frimmel: you should come up with a strategy guide for this like you did for Bulge. Your the expert in both as far as i can see.

Thanks, but I’m not as comfortable with this one as Bulge. I am also uncertain a willingness to run my keyboard makes me an expert.  The AH guys already posted some stuff. Granted it was full of ‘it depends’ type things. I’ll try to make some time for it. I might be able to come up with something a little more useful. I didn’t really think much of the articles but for the interested:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/article/ah20071219a

@Adlertag:

@TATCCITW:

I’m assuming you each have 22 IPC.

WTF ?

You got 5 points to start, and 2 points for each island you controll, so if you controll 3 islands you got 11 points to buy, unless you got a different rule-book than I

Actually we do Aldertag. The rulebook is in error. The reinforcement points should be double what is in the rulebook per:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/article/ah20071115a

RULES ERRATA
    Reinforcement:
    The rulebook states that players get 5 reinforcement points, plus 2 per island they control. This is incorrect due to an error in the rulebook. The correct reinforcement scheme is that each player gets 10 reinforcement, plus 4 per island they control. The game is playable either way, but Avalon Hill recommends playing the correct way (10 and 4 per). We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

• I cant belive this, first the cruiser mess up, and now the rulebook too, not to mention how they closed down the forum, are AH amateurs ?

• LOL you are a funny man adlertag. yes AH is a joke. Thats why Funagames is the place for all information of AH games because they know whats going on even before AH does.

• @Adlertag:

I cant belive this, first the cruiser mess up, and now the rulebook too, not to mention how they closed down the forum, are AH amateurs ?

I’m not sure. Can you be un-professional and not be an amateur?  :|

I think they just moved the forum but I didn’t move with it myself. Now that Krieghund is poking his most welcome nose in around here I don’t think I need to. The biggest thing to go there for is rules questions. And of course Funagain games has all the news.

• frimmel: your the greatest! :-D :-D :-D

• @Imperious:

frimmel: your the greatest! :-D :-D :-D

Thanks.  :lol:

Although I made an error in my round 1 reinforcement recommendations well in what I do. I had the chance to play today and AC’s cost 7. My

Typical US is usually:
    AC, 4 supplies, 2 TRN, 1 INF; use 2 supplies to deploy AC with 2 FTR (already at base) and TRN with INF to board.

Sometimes only 1 TRN as I’ve brought one back from board on turn 1. Then AC, 4 supplies, 1 TRN 1 INF, 1 RTL (if my costs are correct.) AC is 9 right?

should be adjusted. Either 2 more INF or an additional supply. I’ve found it a good idea to “bank” my reinforcement points with supplies. If I’m not going to get the land units off the island or just not sure what to do a supply is the most versatile purchase for later.

Now this is my preference and I don’t have enough experience yet to say that is what you ‘have’ to do to win but the AC with fast deploy has been keeping me up a tempo (in the Chess sense.) And that rhythmn or ‘feel’ for what is going on seems terribly important in this game. What is the term in Go? Sente, I think?

22 Points– assumes turn 1 the US landed and captured Malaitia, Santa Isabel and retained Guadalcanal.

I’m also really sure I haven’t the foggiest idea where to start with a strategy guide. Past what the US in my opinion HAS to do on turn 1 this game’s as ‘free form’ as A&A gets.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m