• '19 Moderator

There is no Joy in Green bay today,
    the Mighty Favre has retired. (for sure this time)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Party and Jen’s house!

Icky Cheese-Head Packers.  Blech!

Go Bears!

• '19 Moderator

:roll:

• 2007 AAR League

too bad he didnt make it to the super bowl this year.  and he was so close.

• He’s a good guy and a good QB.  I feel sorry for GB fans.

• 2007 AAR League

As a Bears fan I can’t say that I feel sorry for anybody in Green Bay. But, if you are going to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers. He hasn’t even thrown 100 regular season passes in his career and now he has to fill Favre’s shoes. That guy is going to get zero tolerance.

• I would guess the typical Bears fan has years of pent up anger due to Farve going to GB in the first place so long ago.

I saw an old article comparing how the Packers record during Farve’s tenure was better than the Bears with all of their rotating QB’s over the same time.

They should be mad at the Bears recruiting staff personnel for not getting such a great athlete (/field general) like Farve in their key QB position.  The recruiting staff should get a pay cut or get fired every time for every season that the QB does not work out.

• @U-505:

As a Bears fan I can’t say that I feel sorry for anybody in Green Bay. But, if you are going to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers. He hasn’t even thrown 100 regular season passes in his career and now he has to fill Favre’s shoes. That guy is going to get zero tolerance.

That is true.  But Rodgers did pretty well against the Cowboys the game he played…he may have potential.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

@U-505:

That is true.  But Rodgers did pretty well against the Cowboys the game he played…he may have potential.

It’s possible. But I think it may be more due to the fact that they actually have a well rounded team more than any production they got from the quarterback position last year. Green Bay has a very good defense and decent running game that didn’t have to rely as much on Favre as they did in the past.

And Linkon,

I don’t hate Favre, the Bear’s GM, or their recruiting staff. I just said I don’t feel sorry for Green Bay when their iconic quarterback retires. They went 13-3 last year and we handed them 2 of those losses. Mission accomplished.

• 2007 AAR League

I stand corrected. I just went back and checked Favre’s stat’s for the hell of it and he had one of the best statistical years of his career so they did rely on him heavily. On top of that he had a terrible start against Dallas and Rodgers came in 17 points down and got them within 3 before Dallas pulled away at the end. So maybe Rodgers does have potential.

• my Dad has been a big Bears fan for years and he was happy Favre retired because that makes the Bears better.

He said that’s the only way the Bears seem to get better, when other teams make themselves worse!

• '19 Moderator

Your dad’s a wise man

• <<< Raider’s fan = don’t feel sorry for anyone. :evil: :mrgreen:

• '19 Moderator

Your new avitar makes you look like a raiders fan

• @dezrtfish:

Your new avitar makes you look like a raiders fan

Yeah,… photo taken from inside my home in West Oak-town. A fun neighborhood.  :-P

• raiders fan?  They’re even worse than the Bears

• which is why I don’t feel any pain for Green Bay.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m