• Anyone else interested in any type of astronomy just out of curiosity? Probly my favorite subject after WWII is the Universe.

• Absolutely!

I don’t spend as much time at a telescope these days but the passion remains. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to build one of those big Dobsonian “star party” specials. I like refractors but the price of a good TeleVue or Takahasi is nothing short of uh… “astronomical”. So I have a Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain along with a glass solar filter for it.

I actually took off work the day the Hubble Telescope was released simply because I’d read about it coming for years and years in Sky and Telescope and Astronomy Magazine and was just sooo waiting for that monumental moment. ~ZP

• '19 Moderator

I always figured when I built my house I would include an observatory, I don’t know anything about Telescopes really, but I always thought the Idea was cool.  I know most of the popular constellations, and I like the mythology involved.

• I have a nice “go-to” Telescope. I like the close up of the moon, so i can look into the craters, but the city lights don’t help on most nights, so its not really used.

I can see Mars but not much detail.

I watch nearly every one of those shows on discovery etc on Astronomy, thats pretty much all i use the TV for besides DVD’s and news.

• 2007 AAR League

good choice.  astronomy rocks.  and we see the same stars at the same time b/c we are from O town.

• 2007 AAR League

oh and go to hummel park or the loess hills observatories sometime.  if you go to UNO, take their astronomy course w/ lab, the new star chamber or whatever its called kicks royal ass.

and its preferable to get high before looking at stars.

• I think we should have a science thread to post stories on NASA missions and such. exciting time lay ahead, especially that probe going to Pluto and the Kniper belt objects.

That probe to mars probe that will land on the ice shelf.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m