News flash: AXIS & ALLIES ANNIVERSARY EDITION due out oct 23 08

• IMO they should if included be part of US turn (so the US player gets a little more play early on), but as there own nation in the same way as China was in Pacific game (US controled and on US turn but it’s own peaces). in additon give China 1 factory, and a total value of say $10-$15 depending on how the rest of the nations economies are starting. this way China can build what they want (ok navy and bombers are out, but they could if they saved the cash), but still are prity limmited to infantry. giving China’s 1 Factory teritory a value of say $3-$4 so they can build up, but also a few $0-$1 teritories to have to guard. not just that but unlike in Pacific Japan will have a reason to invade China as there is real value to the teritoreis.

• Customizer

Better yet, Chinese player only receives IPCs from territories they have a military presence to simulate the civil war. They must be separated from the US (so that US dont collect their income) BUT they cannot be a stand alone player as they cannot do much…

• thats kind of what i ment (or ment to say) is they collect there own money to spend, US collects it’s own, but there turns and control is the same. own color units though.

• Ok then thats fine. If you do that then give Germany her axis minor nations with light grey colored German units for Finland, Romania, Hungary, and Bulgaria.

My got i cant stop think about this game. Every few minutes it is comforting my thoughts as the greatest game ever made.

It great to be alive in these times. How lucky we are!

• @Imperious:

You are too funny. I will call your buy and raise you one game, so i will now buy 11 copies.

send me one i’m poor :wink:

• sure. LOL!

• At this point Larry Harris will be attending GCI. They would like to have a portion of the AA area as a place Larry can hang out, sign, talk to fans, etc. He won’t be there the whole time as he will also be doing stuff in our booth. There will most likely be an event involving Larry (like play A&A with Larry as a prize) but not sure of the all details just yet. Things can always change as far as his attending so beware.

-          Deluxe edition will not have released by Gen Con, but we MAY be able to get a copy there for prizes?

-          They are also informing me that are doing a warehouse clean up and found some more large boards for some of our games. If there are large A&A boards in there, soon as I find out, I will let you know.

This was part of an email sent to me on the 20th of the month. So Larry will be at Gen COn and probably at least a demo for Deluxe edition will be available.

• That of course would translate to you taking pictures of the board for us and posting them here.

• China can work, but need more territories. Anyway, Italy is going to be a mayor power and Italy has the same chance of doing something than China.

Someone said China should be as in Pacific, integrated in USA’s turn. Maybe, but let them buy more than inf. And if China is in USA’s turn, maybe Italy can play in Germany’s turn

And I like the idea of different pieces for Italy and China. They could even make markers for minors, only for flavour (example, Australian IC built forces having an Australian marker, Canadian armor have his marker, etc.) Minor markers could even mix with some minor power NAs or such.

Just a couple of ideas  :-)

• Italy had a much more complete national industry and a modern armed force including Air and Naval.

It had uniformed and trained division led by garbage.

China was a 6th rate nation that still bound children’s feet and killed girls when they were born and was living in the 18th century. They had not any naval vessels, nor any airplanes, nor tanks or anything but a few pieces of artillery.

They had to buy German helmets because they cant make their own, and were barely trained and had to rely on foreigners exclusively to have any organization  and defend against the Japanese who themselves were  on the same level as Italy.

And you know the Japanese totally dominated China and it would have been the same if Italy was in its place, except that Italy was boxed in against too many civilized nations that were not going to just roll over. Japan had a clean table to pick and choose inept territories to conquer and face no opposition to its new order in the east.

Italians where fighting the Soviet Army, the British Army and the American Army and Japan fought trash Chinese units that folded worse than anything the Soviets had in any period of the war.

No sir… Italy was 10 times the nation China was except China was never conquered because frankly it was not worth the trouble for Japan to deal with too many more hungry mouths to feed not to mention they weren’t even doing that. Japan was making a sausage machine out of the Chinese army and China had to resort to hit and run attacks and avoid a real military confrontation.

That does not qualify for an Axis and Allies major player. Do you want to push around a few infantry pieces? Gee what fun…

• i think the real reason Italy is being intoduced is to break up the 2 Allied turns in a row. i have to agree also that China would be all but pointless to play as a nation by it’s self well Italy wouldn’t. Italy was just poorly managed, they should have had more influence on the war, but bad planning/leadership ment they did not.

• These are just my thoughts:

For tournament purposes, it may be a good idea with 3 allies and 3 axis, and individual victory conditions. Lets say first player to gain 4 victory cities win. Now this force the players to think strategy, and backstabb friends.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

They post rules yet?

My version of the Cruiser is basically a BB with Att 3 Def 3 Bombard cost 12 and Destroyer changed to 2/2 cost 10 stops sub sneak shots (no bombard.)

What’s Avalon Hill’s version?

• @Cmdr:

They post rules yet?

My version of the Cruiser is basically a BB with Att 3 Def 3 Bombard cost 12 and Destroyer changed to 2/2 cost 10 stops sub sneak shots (no bombard.)

Well they just announced the game a few days ago. Rules this soon is a bit much to ask.  :lol:

Guadalcanal is the only game so far that has Cruisers and as the combat system doesn’t work the same as Revised all lives purely in the realm of speculation at this point.

• Excited as heck about this! I hope we can some new pieces for the British tanks, artillery, and destroyers! Same for at least the Russian Artillery. For a hundred dollars we should get some more unique units for the Allies. Also hopefully the Germans will come with the BOTB planes and tanks. Wasn’t it a Messerschmitt?

• @Cmdr:

They post rules yet?

If you could buy four (in effect) units with a statistically guaranteed hit each round vs. 2 (in effect) with a 67% chance of hitting each round, why would you ever buy anything but a cruiser?

• ON Board Game geek two people claim they have the game. One of these is Kreighund. I suggest we bug him to spill the beans…

I think its done for some time, only need to get china to add the led metal parts and it will be good to go.

Edit: Kreig says he was too LAZY to add it to his wish list so he just said he has the game. So never mind don’t bug him.

• @Adlertag:

For tournament purposes, it may be a good idea with 3 allies and 3 axis, and individual victory conditions. Lets say first player to gain 4 victory cities win. Now this force the players to think strategy, and backstabb friends.

and also diplomacy, would be fun

3 allies 3 axis would also makes it easier for team bidding

• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

Kreig says he was too LAZY to add it to his wish list so he just said he has the game. So never mind don’t bug him.

Yes, I was just trying to save a step by setting the status to “own” rather than “wishlist” when I added the game to my collection, since I will be getting it.  I didn’t realize I’d be under such scrutiny!  :-o  I’ll have to be more precise in the future.

• I just rated it at 10, so i wont have to do it latter.

I think ill also write a review and play session. yep Im lazy too. :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m