Easy to kick the Russians out of Moscow!

• TM I saw the events board and saw a game played and the player took karila on his/hers first turn.

• :lol:

• Rightly said. I would’ve just stacked Karelia first turn.

• @TG:

With the Allies able to put 10-20 inf on Finland/Karelia each turn, I see this hard to believe.

Japan controlled all of mainland Asia and the entire Pacific including Australia which mad it able to really threaten Moscow. When Germany took Karelia, the Allies were able to counter-attack and retake it, but that really didn’t matter because Japan had Russia right where it wanted it, on the verge of capture.

• @TG:

Rightly said. I would’ve just stacked Karelia first turn.

Yeah, but given the new rules, i wanted to prevent “EASY” capture of territories by paratroopers (and therefore even GREATER loss of income). I’d hoped that, as Wild2000 pointed out, a dead zone would exist such that the allies could “affect” your armor. I’d say 3 inf and 1 arm in exchange for 4 arm isn’t a bad exchange . . . .

• Yeah, those new rules sure were something…

Japan controlled all of mainland Asia and the entire Pacific including Australia which mad it able to really threaten Moscow. When Germany took Karelia, the Allies were able to counter-attack and retake it, but that really didn’t matter because Japan had Russia right where it wanted it, on the verge of capture.

Usually if I’m lucky enough to have a large enough invasion force for Japan the Germans will usually be in… well ummm… Germany. :) Then it becomes a race between triumph and disaster.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m