• Fidel Castro has grown old and weak and has finnaly resigned his rule over cuba and has givin it to a relitave (not sure who)

• his younger brother, Raul Castro

• How many Presidents did he and his government outlive despite our best non-military (and one military) efforts?

Eisenhower
    Kennedy
    LBJ
    Nixon
    Ford
    Carter (still alive but out of power)
    Reagan
    Bush 41 (still alive but out of power)
    Clinton  (still alive but out of power)
    Bush 43 (almost made it through his 8 years…  Castro though is still alive…)

• Castro’s brother is the same thing: no Elections until those poor Cubams put an end of their misery and take over power for themselves.

• @ncscswitch:

How many Presidents did he and his government outlive despite our best non-military (and one military) efforts?

Eisenhower
    Kennedy
    LBJ
    Nixon
    Ford
    Carter (still alive but out of power)
    Reagan
    Bush 41 (still alive but out of power)
    Clinton  (still alive but out of power)
    Bush 43 (almost made it through his 8 years…  Castro though is still alive…)

somehow Bush promoters will claim that “Bush won the Cold War” with Castro - the way that Reagan “won” the cold war . . . .

• '19 Moderator

Hey Tim’s still alive!  Must have been a hell of a honeymoon…

Bush won the cold war with Castro!!!

:-D

Oh yeah, and I completely missed the wedding thread.

So, congrats CC!!!

plays queen’s another one bites the dust…  :-)

• @DarthMaximus:

Bush won the cold war with Castro!!!

:-D

Oh yeah, and I completely missed the wedding thread.

So, congrats CC!!!

plays queen’s another one bites the dust…   :-)

Oh DM.  I missed you sooooo much!!

I believe that Castro’s actual resignation occurred months ago IMO.  Don’t expect any sudden significant changes - the nation has been ruled by committee and his brother for the last while.  Castro was too clever to leave anything up to chance. 
    I do expect, however, that there will be an easing of the tension between the US and Cuba, however, and i think that this will be with the US loosening tensions, slowly allowing trade with the tiny country, and allowing for improved relationships.

• @Pervavita:

his younger brother, Raul Castro

he’s like in his 70’s he’ll soon be with Castro in the retirement home.

• Yes and then yet another Castro will be in charge. Eventually one who is even more stupid than the people and will be liquidated by them.

• Yup, my dad told me about this when I called him. He said the people where going nuts in Miami shooting guns of and such.

• @Imperious:

Yes and then yet another Castro will be in charge. Eventually one who is even more stupid than the people and will be liquidated by them.

Maybe this could sound offensive for cubans… if you have a dictator, you are not a stupid, simply you have a dictator and sometimes you have no chance for change it even if you want…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Can anyone actually prove that Castro IS still alive?  I think the last we saw of him was like 2 years ago.  Perhaps Raul’s been running things for those two years, establishing himself while claiming to represent Castro and now says his brother has decided to step down (so he can be quietly burried without fanfare to preserve the communist government?)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m