Axis & Allies Global Confict - 3rd Edition Released

• The French setup chart lists 1 Infantry in Egypt.  Should this be Central Egypt or Northern Egypt?  I put the units in Northern Egypt.

The Italian setup charts lists 2 Infantry in Lybia.  Should this be Western Lybia or Cryinia?  I put the units in Cryinia.

The United Kingdom setup chart references sea zone 48 twice; once with a transport and a second time with a destroyer, submarine, and transport.  What United Kingdom units should go in sea zone 48?  I put the destroyer, submarine, and transport in sea zone 49 because it is listed on the same line as land units in Souther India.

The setup charts posted April 26, 2008 were used.

Craig

• Computing Out Of Supply:

In previous posts, it has been indicated that Italian East Africa is out of supply at the beginning of the game.

However, supply can be traced to Northern Italy via this route using the v3.1 map on April 26, 2008: Italian East Africa -> Sea Zones 47, 57, 58, 32, 31, 29, 27, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sea Zone 40, Southern Italy, Northern Italy.

How is Out Of Supply computed?  Clarification will help us avoid arguments during the game.

Craig

• Customizer

sorry for the lack of communication. my internet has been down for a few weeks.  I discovered that i posted the wrong version of the updated rules.  I apologize for the inconvenience. here is the correct link.  i also deleted the old link so that you cant accidentally download the wrong version

here is the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ehbczz4au54

Aircraft attacking Submarines Now reads
      If a force consisting only air units (and/or transports) attacks a sea zone with submarines in it, fighter and bomber hits may only be assigned to submarines on a die roll of one.  If no other enemy units are present in the sea zone, all die rolls not equaling one are treated as misses.

the cash advance typically is used in Africa.

The Italian infantry should be in western lybia.

The rulebook states that all sea zones that are not axis controlled (have an axis control marker in it) are allied controlled. Italian east Africa is out of supply route because the route you suggest is considered allied controlled.

the sea units should be placed in seazone 48 the reference chart has been updated to correct the typos.

to answer your question about all axis then all allied movement.  This rule is meant solely to speed up game play and keep players involved so they don’t get board.  No more do you have to wait an hour till your turn.  It turns a twenty hour game into a six hour game.

The odd powers attack separate rule is designed so that the all at one movement does not destroy game balance.  Its a bit clumsy i admit, but to play without it. each country could simply build only one or two units, then combine them for one massive attack, allowing them to more easily take areas none of them were capable of taking alone.  This would be a huge advantage that would only favor the allies, and kill the axis. It also destroys national identity, which i consider a bad thing.

when more than one power defends in the same land territory, they all defend together.  This is also a bit clumsy, but it more accurately mimics the original battle sequence in the original and revised games. (It probably wouldn’t kill the game if you made them defend separately, so you could try playing that way if you feel it makes more sense. If you do let me know how it worked out, cuz i could consider changing that rule.)

• Thanks for the update Bob.  I’m mostly ready to play.  I’ve made some nice accessories.  Here are some pictures:

http://www.craig-bartell.com/images/map.jpg
    http://www.craig-bartell.com/images/setup.jpg
    http://www.craig-bartell.com/images/battleboard.jpg

Craig

• Customizer

Very Nice.  I am quite impressed. Would you be willing to post a link so that myself and other could download your much improved reference cards, victory city token, and industrial complex cards.  It would be very nice if we could post them with the map, as a complete package.  I will of course give you credit for your work, which is pretty impressive.

• The updated rule book lists Battleships as costing 22, yet the updated setup charts list the Battleships as costing 20.  Which is correct?

I’d be happy to send you the collateral I’ve made to include in the distribution package of Global Conflict.  I can’t wait to play!

Craig

• Customizer

I was bouncing the price of battleships from 20 to 22.  I finally decided on 22, but That the price difference didn’t seem to make much difference.  What does your pretty setup chart say?  I will change them to agree with that price, unless you have some specific reason to have the price differ.

I really appreciate the in depth look that you have done in the rule book.  Despite my many proofreads, it always seems as though something always slips through the cracks.  Thanks for helping me out.

• It seems a change was made in how Supply Tokens are collected.  Some clarification in the rules would be helpful.  In the updated rules section titled “Phase 1: Purchase Units & Collect Supply Tokens” it no longer says to collect Supply Tokens as the title suggests.  In the section of the updated rules titled “Phase 6: Place New Units & Supply Tokens”, under “Place Supply Tokens” it says to “Look up your power’s national production level… and collect that number of supply tokens”

It seems there is a small conflict between the Phase title and the instructions in the phases.

Personally, I very much like collecting Supply Tokens in Phase 1.  I think it makes the convoy boxes much more interesting because they must be controlled from the end of last turn to the start of the next turn to collect the revenue.  With collecting Supply Tokens at the end of the turn, the allied team can just park a $6 transport to collect the $5.  It is much more interesting to make the transport live for a turn in order to be able to collect the income.

• Miscellaneous questions and comments:

Blockhouses - Should the number of blockhouses built in a single location per turn be limited?  For example, should the USA be able to build 5 or 6 blockhouses on a pacific island in one turn?  Or is this not an issue and does not need to be addressed?

Can land units walk from Western Turkey to Turkey?  Especially since the Dardanelles is not a canal.

We plan on playing with the rules as written with one exception.  I am thinking about simplifying Cruisers to always get a 4 in the first round of combat.  Mostly because its simpler and I will never be able to remember the scenario where a cruiser gets a 4 and where it doesn’t.

• Customizer

Craig,

Supply tokens should be collected during place units phase.  (the title saying to do this in phase 1 was a typo.  However it is important to note that the convoy rule has been changed slightly.  you now must begin and end your turn with a transport in it to collect income from convoys.)

I’ve updated the rule book to take away the loop hole of being able to produce as many blockhouses in a territory as you like. you are now limited to the ipc value of the territory. (this was always my intention. thanks for noticing the loop hole)

land units cannot cross from western turkey to turkey as the dardanelles is not a canal.

Your cruiser rule is a good point. It is a bit confusing.  I will change the rule for cruisers to always get a 4 on the first round.  Simple is better.  It does seem that $15 instead of $14 would be a more reasonable price for such a unit. do you agree or disagree?

I was very impressed with your graphical additions to the game.  would you be willing to make a National Production Chart and technology chart for the game to replace the generic ones i produced?

• Customizer

Craig,
    I went ahead and designed the rest of the charts needed for the game.  I also reworked a few of the graphics.  The new file also includes control and supply markers.  I fixed the typos in the rule and added your name as a contributor to the project.

I just released Axis & Allies Global Conflict 3.2.   It mainly fixes typos in the rulebook and closes some unintended loopholes that crept into the book. 3.2 big addition is the graphics.  The game is now comes with new professional looking setup, tech, & national Production charts ect.  The goal in creating these charts was to make the game feel real like something you would buy in the store. I looks great. Here’s a sample picture of the board set up, compliments of craigbee. http://www.craig-bartell.com/images/map.jpg

Version 3.2 Complete Packet with New Graphics (graphics require Power Point 2007)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?scnjytnzhnd

Version 3.1 can still be downloaded here
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ehbczz4au54

• I very much like the upgrades to the graphics!

Version 3.2 Blockhouse Purchase:  Step 3 of Phase 1 on page 5 says “Blockhouses are units so you may never build more blockhouses (and other units) in a territory than that territory’s income value in any single turn.”  I think a sentence needs to be added to the end of this section to allow a Blockhouse to be built in zero income locations such as Malta, Gibraltar, and many of the Pacific Islands.  This might work “One blockhouse per turn may be built on territories with zero income value.”

Sorry for the slow response, I’ve been traveling.  Our game has been delayed until May 27th, so I have one more week to study the map before playing.

• where are the files for all these player aids like those fancy factory cards? I see many little scraps of paper that are not found in the map files or rule files. My setup file looks nothing like that player aid set up sheet you got in the picture. Where are these?

• There is a Microsoft Power Point file included in the version 3.2 files that supplements the map and rules.

Craig

• Customizer

Good Point Craig,
    I will add your sentence for blockhouses.  I will also apply a similar sentence for the naval production tech rule.

• Customizer

Craig Ive been thinking we should lower battleship cost to 20.  I tried to edit it on the nice setup charts, but couldn’t do it without messing up you nice format.  could you make that change for me?  Also could you place the Japanese komakazi under air units rather than sea units?

• can you just make the file on a format like PNG, JMP, or at best PDF? I cant open “power point”

• Ok i dl the viewer so its fine.

• I want to print a copy but i cant because the colors are too ugly. I cant deal with Grey British, Blue Germans, Red Russians and red Japanese.

I want medium Grey Germans, Burnt Orange Japanese, Red Chinese, Brown Soviets, and Khaki British…

can you just make the colors like revised or provide an editable file so i can do it myself?

.AI, .EPS, .AIT extension would be nice

• Customizer

Imperious the world does not revolve around you and your taste.

I like the colors.  If you want to edit them to your personal prefrence of a color scheme go ahead, provided you make it free and downloadable to others on this form. As for providing you with an editable file for the changes, I already mailed you my photoshop file in january. I dont own illistrator and dont plan on buying solely to spend weeks recreating my map so you can have your prefered nation colors.  If it is so important to you to have different colors, buy photoshop yourself open my previous file i sent you and make the necessary color changes your self.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m