A&A Minis Module Support - Unit Requests

• :-D

• 2007 AAR League

BARBED WIRE! MINEFIELDS! TANK OBSTACLES! bring it!

• Nebelwerfer
    M-10
    M7 105mm Priest
    M1 81mm Motor
    P-51d Mustang
    P-40 Tomahawk
    F4u Corsair
    Lockheed P-38g Lightning

get to work DK

• We’ll DF did all of contested skies.
    and I did the whole reserves set.
    We kinda swamped Mot with about 80 units, but I think most of the ones you mentioned are converted already.

I’m working on the D-Day set now…
    I made a real nice Japanese trophy unit but still have not seen it in play…

I’m very sad about this…  :cry:

• I’ve got a lot of unit images from the gang…I’m just really busy with the long weekend, work etc.

I guess the next step to speed things is to have someone start putting together the XML for me too  :evil:

• @Motdc:

I’ve got a lot of unit images from the gang…I’m just really busy with the long weekend, work etc.

I guess the next step to speed things is to have someone start putting together the XML for me too  :evil:

Get to work DK.

• http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20070131c

Can someone set up the map for this scenario… very cool!!!

• '19 Moderator

Badass, I wish I had more higgins boats and amtracks, I have one of each :-(

• Higgins boats are a waste but I picked up around 5 Amtracks from ebay under seperate auctions.  Paid less than $4 each w/shipping included.  Check it out.

• @Half-Track:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20070131c

Sure Half-Track. You can never have enough scenarios where Leathernecks get to hook and jab with the Imperial Japanese. Bare in mind that this is coming from a retired Marine!

• '19 Moderator

HT- I like to do beach landings and I have a scenario for Stalingrad that requires barges, right now I use cardboard cut outs for boats, I’d like to get a few more higgins for more realisam.

Cobalt, how do you get jpgs of the maps? Do you print and scan them?  If you’d email me a couple maps I’d like do do some cut and paste and make some more maps.

• @dezrtfish:

Cobalt, how do you get jpgs of the maps? Do you print and scan them?  If you’d email me a couple maps I’d like do do some cut and paste and make some more maps.

OK … I’ll send some samples in a few minutes.

• @Cobalt:

@Half-Track:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20070131c

Sure Half-Track. You can never have enough scenarios where Leathernecks get to hook and jab with the Imperial Japanese. Bare in mind that this is coming from a retired Marine!

Cool glad your playing.  How many years of service?

• 23 years of active and reserve time total.

• Much respect to you Cobalt.  :wink:

That explains why you’re not a dice whiner like some guys on here…  :roll:

• @Half-Track:

@Motdc:

I’ve got a lot of unit images from the gang…I’m just really busy with the long weekend, work etc.

Get to work DK.

The family and I are going to be visiting some of the wife’s fam in the midwest, so if someone (DK perhaps?) wants to take a crack at this I’ll zip up ever bit of the module files and hand them off for some to work on while I’m gone.  I’ve been exceedingly busy these last couple of weeks, and I dont want my lack of time to continue to slow down everyone else.  Anyone who wants to take at least temporary ownership of the AAM modules please PM me.

Mot

• Let’s see if XML will show up on the forum…

<category name=“Australia”><token token_id=“SetIII_AU_Veteran_SMLE_Riflemen” token_type=“Image”><pallet_image>AU_Veteran_SMLE_Riflemen_80x60.bmp</pallet_image>
          <drag_image>Drag_Drop_32x32.bmp</drag_image>
          <map_image>AU_Veteran_SMLE_Riflemen_80x60.bmp</map_image>
          Veteran SMLE Rifleman
          <click_region_x>33</click_region_x>
          <click_region_y>18</click_region_y>
          <click_region_w>12</click_region_w>
          <click_region_h>20</click_region_h></token></category>

• Cool, that worked.  DK has volunteered, I owe you beer next time I’m in NYC.

Each pallet tab in MapView is defined in a seperate “category”.  In the example we have the entire Australia tab (there is only one unit right now).

Each unit is defined by a “token” as you see here.

TokenId should follow the format given of Set#_CountryCode_UnitName.  Note the use of underscores instead of spaces.  This is not strictly required by MapView, this just makes some programming tasks easier.

pallet_image and map_image are both the same value.  Note the naming convention for the image file.  Any images that are not in that format should be renamed to that style.  (The 80x60 at the end refers to the image size of 80 wide by 60 high).

drag_image should be Drag_Drop_32x32.bmp, no need to change it.

The Caption is pretty obvious.  Use the unit name exactly, watch for typos etc.

You know all about the click_regions at this point  :evil:

• I’m preparing a zip with everything.  The XML goes into a file called “Common.body”.  It has one of those XML blocks for each unit that is currently defined in MapView.

Your job is to, for each new image in the “image_to_import” folder:

1.  Rename as needed to match conventiones defined.

2.  Place in the “proxy_units\SetX” folder, with X being the set number the unit belongs to.  If a unit is in more than one set, then place it in the set folder that coresponds to the image.  For example, the Quad .50 is in the SetVI folder because I liked the gallery image of that unit from the 39-45 set better than the one in Contested Skys.

3.  Look in Common.body for the appropriate Category/Tab.  You’ll see subsections for each letter A,B,C, etc.  Based on the units name, find the correct location for the units XML block to go.  (Obviously if there are other units that begin with the same letter, sort alphabetically…Ranger goes before Red Devil etc).

4.  Create the XML block needed.

5.  Run the bat file included to compile the modules.  You will see a message, success or fail, for each module.  If successful, copy the modules from the Output folder to your usermods folder and start MapView.  Make sure everything looks good!

Lather, Rinse, Repeat…

• get to work DK, have a nice vaca MOT>  we’ll be here when you get back!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m